Author Topic: Gaining Magickal Abilities: The Gaze  (Read 5307 times)

March 18, 2013, 02:13:48 PM
Read 5307 times

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What is The Gaze?

The Gaze is an ability of Magician to steadily observe (stare) any point in space.
It is also a premilinary ability for claivoyance, reality manipulation, shewstone scrying and literally any ability that needs eyes to work. As opposed to the "evil eye", The Gaze is not intuition-based and has to be practiced to be gained. On the other hand The Gaze gives you complete control over the effects and also all of the benefits of Evil Eye.
The Gaze can be also used psychologically, staring inside the skull of your opponent during conversation will definitely freak out most people you will meet.

First Exercise: The Point

First of all we have to learn how to shift the staring point. Choose some picture or painting and place your thumb between the painting and your eyes. Now start switching your focus between the painting. Practice this for a week.
After you are done for the first part, here comes the fun. Start the exercise as before but after focusing on the thumb, put the thumb down and keep staring at the space where the thumb was. Keep doing that till you can hold the focus on a blank space for about 15 seconds. This exercise will also strengthen your eyes muscles and endurance.
Now you need to learn how to switch the focus without your thumb as a mediator, you should already know how the switch feels like, so just reproduce it. Later you can add more points and switch between them in seamless manner.

Second Exercise: The Endurance

You have to adapt your eyes to become stronger and able to be steady and opened for a longer period of time.You should have already developed an awareness of muscles controlling your eyes, now you just need to strengthen them. You can do so by practicing trataka or literally any kind of focal meditation. Remember, keep your eyes opened as long as you can. If your eyes start watering, pause the exercise, blink a couple of times and then close them for a couple of seconds, then you can continue in the exercise.

Third Exercise: The Waking Life

Learn to hold the blank space focus in every day life during walks, breaks, lunch, conversation, etc. Don't do so if you need to use your eyes for safety purposes (crossing the road, driving the car, etc).
Soon you will notice that the blank space is not really blank and your clairvoyance will start developing.

September 27, 2013, 07:49:26 PM
Reply #1

Feint

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
For the first part of the topic with staring at the thumb, I was like piece of cake! When I started to practice it, it is impossible for me to focus on the empty spot of the thumb! My eyes fix on it, then once I remove my thumb, it goes back to its regular stance looking at the screen of my computer. Of course I just started, so it should get better from here.

September 28, 2013, 06:17:08 PM
Reply #2

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It's actually ok to blink when doing the endurance meditation. What is important is having both mental and visual focus. Having dry eyes sucks.

September 29, 2013, 01:03:15 PM
Reply #3

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
@Feint: Don't worry, it comes with practice :).
@Bubba: Not actually, the whole point of the endurance exercise is to strengthen your eyes and prolong the time they can stay opened, when the training goes well your eyes won't actually be dry.

September 30, 2013, 09:08:40 AM
Reply #4

YMI

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
This comes with ease for me and have actually been able to do this for quite sometime, it happens quite often when talking with Sid. I actually learned how to do it from not being able to focus and then developed the ability to switch back and forth with ease. Yet the opposite of this action in conjunction with solitary fixation on a single point or idea has lead to another effect common with talkin with Sid, and thats a glow that comes off of everything along with a "conscious subconscious" mind state and what feels to me what i believe gnosis to be or that state of mind in which magick/psi should be performed in.

October 01, 2013, 06:08:39 PM
Reply #5

Melchizedek

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
What is The Gaze?

The Gaze is an ability of Magician to steadily observe (stare) any point in space.
It is also a premilinary ability for claivoyance, reality manipulation, shewstone scrying and literally any ability that needs eyes to work. As opposed to the "evil eye", The Gaze is not intuition-based and has to be practiced to be gained. On the other hand The Gaze gives you complete control over the effects and also all of the benefits of Evil Eye.
The Gaze can be also used psychologically, staring inside the skull of your opponent during conversation will definitely freak out most people you will meet.

First Exercise: The Point

First of all we have to learn how to shift the staring point. Choose some picture or painting and place your thumb between the painting and your eyes. Now start switching your focus between the painting. Practice this for a week.
After you are done for the first part, here comes the fun. Start the exercise as before but after focusing on the thumb, put the thumb down and keep staring at the space where the thumb was. Keep doing that till you can hold the focus on a blank space for about 15 seconds. This exercise will also strengthen your eyes muscles and endurance.
Now you need to learn how to switch the focus without your thumb as a mediator, you should already know how the switch feels like, so just reproduce it. Later you can add more points and switch between them in seamless manner.

Second Exercise: The Endurance

You have to adapt your eyes to become stronger and able to be steady and opened for a longer period of time.You should have already developed an awareness of muscles controlling your eyes, now you just need to strengthen them. You can do so by practicing trataka or literally any kind of focal meditation. Remember, keep your eyes opened as long as you can. If your eyes start watering, pause the exercise, blink a couple of times and then close them for a couple of seconds, then you can continue in the exercise.

Third Exercise: The Waking Life

Learn to hold the blank space focus in every day life during walks, breaks, lunch, conversation, etc. Don't do so if you need to use your eyes for safety purposes (crossing the road, driving the car, etc).
Soon you will notice that the blank space is not really blank and your clairvoyance will start developing.

You don't want to d this it will damage your eyes. Instead develop your mastery of the fire element through observation exercises and then through the drawing in of the fire element into the body and then the indiviual organs.

Straining the eye muscles will temporarily aloow you to develop your connection to the fire element, but not in a good way.

October 02, 2013, 02:29:35 AM
Reply #6

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
While Akenu and I may have a minor (unimportant) disagreement with this exercise, it is valid. Why? Because I can honestly say from experience that strengthening the eyes helps. Last time I went to get glasses my eye sight had actually improved. My concentration has improved. The trick to getting good with this is to do it before you go to bed. So if your eyes do get tired you can rest them for several hours. No one mentioned going fanatical hours with this. Even 20 minutes a day can do wonders if you consistent enough with it.

While I've grown to enjoy your strange and almost obsessive practice of the IIH. Please consider that people were doing successful magick hundreds and thousands of years before Bardon. This exercise has been around forever. Elemental accumulations are forms of creative visualizations, done to create an association with an "elemental force" or concept. If you concentrate the fire element into you index fingers tip. Hold it there and it begins to feel like it's on fire. Have you really held that element there? Or have you just told your body that your finger is burning?

October 02, 2013, 03:43:21 AM
Reply #7

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Elemental accumulations are forms of creative visualizations, done to create an association with an "elemental force" or concept. If you concentrate the fire element into you index fingers tip. Hold it there and it begins to feel like it's on fire. Have you really held that element there? Or have you just told your body that your finger is burning?

Yup, totally agreed. It's pretty much the same as with Rune Magick, where you go a bit further and associate hand gestures with certain "energies", then you can easily manifest certain effect by a sequence of hand gestures. Actually I am currently working on an upgraded version of the Alphabet of desire with same characteristics (vocals and hand gestures) to aid the visual symbolism of the Alphabet.

Straining the eye muscles will temporarily allow you to develop your connection to the fire element, but not in a good way.

There are temporal but also permanent effects here. Permanent effects are long-term, improved sight and durability of the eyes, less headaches caused by bad lighting, etc.
Temporal effects are used mainly when needed, eg for the use of a scrying mirror.

And regarding of what is a good or a bad way, I am MHP, good or bad are just words to me.

October 02, 2013, 03:58:43 AM
Reply #8

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/mao-shing-ni-lac-dom-phd/3-natural-ways-improve-vision

Take note of the exercise with the pen. I do my focal meditation on a black colored ping pong ball with my glasses off. I keep this "egg" slightly out of focus range. It's helped me over the past few years. Consider that metaphysical training should not just be functional in magick but everything. I still consider that a well rounded magician is better than a fanatic who can't see past their practices. Life is magick, treat it as such.

October 02, 2013, 08:06:43 AM
Reply #9

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
Akenu, what does MHP mean?

Just started on the exercise;the first part of it seems remarkably similar to some other eyesight training exercises on the web.

October 02, 2013, 08:46:00 AM
Reply #10

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
RHP and LHP refer to classic paradigms, right hand path, the fluffy selfless world protectors and left hand path, selfish pricks. MHP is the Middle Path (jokingly Middle Hand Path).
Final goal is similar to RHP, samadhi, enlightenment, connection with HGA, whatever. But the process is a bit different, the process says: "And what is there for me?".

Frankly there are many things that RHP won't assure, eg it can seriously turn your life upside down, you can lose a lot of money, you can starve, etc. MHP says: "Ok, there is some path to enlightenment and you are also free to obtain wealth, love, respect, good position, whatever in the society.". We could say that RHP is too ascetic and dogmatic, and LHP is too much the opposite, MHP handles the balance.

October 13, 2017, 02:34:55 AM
Reply #11

hussamabd

• View Profile
http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/mao-shing-ni-lac-dom-phd/3-natural-ways-improve-vision

Take note of the exercise with the pen. I do my focal meditation on a black colored ping pong ball with my glasses off. I keep this "egg" slightly out of focus range. It's helped me over the past few years. Consider that metaphysical training should not just be functional in magick but everything. I still consider that a well rounded magician is better than a fanatic who can't see past their practices. Life is magick, treat it as such.

this is a good idea thank you very much , i will try it
actually i read many articles about eye exercises to improve vision and i found that The long swing and Sunning and Skying are very useful and also i asked a doctor about them and told me yes they are good
https://thoughts4spread.com/influential-eye-exercises-improve-vision/