Author Topic: Inherent Spirituality  (Read 1887 times)

February 23, 2013, 01:21:08 PM
Read 1887 times

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
What is spirituality? It is not based on faith. It is not based on science. It is not based on discipline. It is based on personal evolution and natural talent. One cannot learn spiritual power, or acquire it, one can only tear away the useless slime and stupidity of external fallacies and corruption.

Spirituality is based upon truth but that truth is not found with a guru, sifu or in a book written by New Age speakers, priest/esses or occult masters/mistresses; the truth is purely subjective- it is the way the subjective interacts with the objective that governs spiritual power and spiritulality.

Spirituality is not a discipline, a dogma or any such thing. Spirituality is inherent. If your spirituality is dark or light, than that is your spirituality, neither is wrong. Abrahmanic (monotheistic) religions are not false or wrong, they are just filled with violence and slavery balanced (or attempted to be) with love and mercy. If that is what you want in your spiritual life, than so be it. Left-Hand Path 'religions' or practices are just as valid. If you get pleasure, happiness and success on the emotional, mental, physical and energetic levels through acquisition of desires and ego fullfilment, than so be it. Once again, you cannot be taught spirituality, it is inherent.

Not everyones spiritual path is built upon servitude, love, light, etc. Sometimes selfishness leads to spiritual fulfillment. If that were not true than people would not put so much time into their practice. Many will say these dark followers are being decieved, were abused, or what not during their upbringing, whether by parents or spirits, but that is as much a fallacy as human sacrifice brings up the Sun the next day.

No one can tell you what your spiritual practice is or how it should be practiced. No one has the right or the training to tell you that you are wrong. No one and nothing has power over your belief system because it is your belief system. You may be shunned, hunted, imprisoned or killed for your beliefs by the blind and stupid but they cannot take away your beliefs. The Cults of Christ were crucified and burnt alive by the pagans, in turn the pagans were tortured by the later Cults of Christ. Some call it karma or the repetition of history... maybe, maybe not, but what is true is they were both wrong- blind and stupid in their decision- violence only causes submission and perversion of old views but not constructive conversion. Sad to say the oppression and slander of spirituality is still practiced today.

Everyone is unique. Why some choose to follow a slave or dogmatic religion makes no sense, but others feel that subjective immortality, personal consciousness ascension makes no sense... who cares! Let those that follow their path follow their path as long as they bring no harm to another, unless of course it is called for (defense) or the followers/practitioners accept and desire it.

In conclusion and to repeat for satisfaction, spirituality is inherent. No one is wrong and no one is right. Spirituality is subjective. Spirituality is abstract. To think that one man, women, book or spirit knows all the answers is improbable, if not utterly impossible. If such were the case the term 'subjective' would have no meaning, it simply would not be. There would not be so many spiritual paths and separate dogmas. Even more, atheists and anti-theists would not exist.

Hope you enjoyed.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

March 01, 2013, 11:41:31 PM
Reply #1

Koujiryuu

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Scholar-Warrior

• Personal Text
    內功。導引
    • View Profile
I think a strong point this lacks is that a lot of spirituality, at least, true spirituality, is about acceptance.

Accepting yourself and accepting others even when you disagree with them is the mark of a wise man. Accepting those who walk a different path, even if they don't accept you and yours, is virtuous. Sometimes I wonder when I see two different people here on Veritas arguing about differences in their beliefs, if they really realize just how close they are in those beliefs. After all, they both do metaphysics, and they both like to argue.

A quote that backs up your article quite well is:

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” -Buddha
My Articles
Gone from Veritas forever. Blame the staff.

March 02, 2013, 12:31:26 AM
Reply #2

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
I think a strong point this lacks is that a lot of spirituality, at least, true spirituality, is about acceptance.

That is one of the big reasons I wrote this essay because of all the debates, arguments and pure hatred towards this or that path. Acceptance of self and others is a very important spiritual practice. For example, when I was into Satanism everyone said I was evil- I was rebellious but not evil. When I got into Wicca people thought I was damaged, silly or homosexual. When I got into Buddhism people thought I was trying too hard to be pure. When I got into vampirism people thought I just wanted to consume others life force and it was purely negative ideal. When I was in Scientology I was told I was wrong that they are the only way to spiritual freedom. Same thing with Christians. Sure, I was, and still am at times, unsure of my spiritual reasons, but I believe that is a good sign, it means I am willing to question and assimilate thus I am constantly being educated and having new experiences all leading me further on the journey. I used to hate religion until I started really delving into the Left-Hand Path and Buddhism- the parallels of philosophy are quite extraordinary- the quote you gave me is a perfect example.

Although some of the statements are harsh (calling certain types of people idiots), it was written so maybe others could open their minds to others beliefs. Why can't a Wiccan Priest fall in love with and mary a good Christian girl and raise a beautiful happy family- who's children hold their own beliefs, such as one is a Buddhist-Agnostic and the other is an atheist?
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."