Author Topic: Comet Net  (Read 13868 times)

October 11, 2012, 06:43:12 PM
Read 13868 times

AzurePhoenix

• Settling In

• View Profile
The Comet Net movement

This is a movement to promote the new and improved paths for the metaphysical, occult and paranormal; this is a movement for knowledge.

The reason for all of this is that it appears that many of the Metaphysical communities are either dying or losing over all mass of those that are interested in truly getting ahead, where many are unsatisfied with the current basics and general information constantly regurgitated that just arenít cutting it this time.

The communities are not dying; they are just stagnating with the slow process of the transition into the next stage, the future.

A future, where we have many new articles, and not just rewritten with different examples, but with different formats and truly new information that give us stable results sooner.

This movement was started by those dedicated and interested with great love for all things metaphysical and paranormal, our present roots may presently be in psionics and magick, but we will grow with every day until we are known as a renaissance like movement of everything metaphysical.

This is also an artistic movement for all the arts and creativity through interpretations of everything metaphysical in its fiction and nonfiction forms. Not just an attempt at a renaissance for the metaphysical, psionics, magick, psychic abilities and others.

How would the arts, based on the inspiration or interpretations of Comet Net help it?

Each work of art, writing and other forms of creativity around the focus of Comet Net paints a new layer of complex energies over Comet Net; all of these layers will give Comet Net a new depth, which would help all interpretations of it that will be viewed differently by all, though they will share very important common grounds.

What the Comet Net is and its Services?

An energy source.
    Able to affect you, reality, and much more.
    Tool to perceive different things. (Binoculars of the Occult and paranormal)
    It is its own force.
    Movement of increasing awareness of the metaphysical, cultures online and offline. Promoting it at the same time.
    Hospital healing and recovery force.
    Own astral plane.
    Clean, potent and safe sources for Psivamps.

Requirements for use: If you will be using it in the future as an energy source, please be aware that for all energy you send to the Comet net, it notes down and will give you access to 4 times all the energy you have sent for that month.
It will require a generation 4 connection

Where does it receive its energy to give us 4 times what we give?: It mainly focuses on Ley lines, star lines, Earth veins, the sun, elemental energies and other environmental energies. All of those energies are transmuted to a specific type of energy that is more efficient and changes easily for all purposes it is used for.

Why should I feed it if it gets so much energy already?: Your energy has lots of focus within it and focus makes all the processes in the Comet net much stronger, just saying it or talking about it makes it stronger. Energy and focus do a lot more than certain sources of environmental energies.

What if it sends to much energy to my area?: The Comet net has many filters that shut off when energy grows in dangerous levels, also operates with a global port system so energy goes through many filters and things before it even gets directed into the Comet net or into the area of your connection.

What to expect: Expect partial realms to form a portal/opening at all sites of connection.
So if you connected to the Comet Net via paintings then the paintings will have openings that only people who participated in certain requirements for use will have access to, though people will still feel its effects.

The connection spots should feel to have an odd sort of vibrant area. Its energies could instill and act as a ward of your choice. So your area = your rules/preference.

Belief is the unifying factor; respect is the foundation for all of this.

This is meant to influence learning and the search of knowledge. To say that we are not satisfied with our current walls and foundations! We need to work together and break the walls that have so encompassed us and let our comfort zone become lazy and limited. We will be bringing all practices up to date and efficient for this new age and destroy the walls encompassing the ranges nearly a decade ago were our outer limits.

So join the movement, 2012 is the end. The end of mediocrity.
May the golden age begin.

http://constructworld.weebly.com

Questions are suggested and criticism is much more than welcomed :-D

October 11, 2012, 10:01:03 PM
Reply #1

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
...  What?
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 11, 2012, 10:34:02 PM
Reply #2

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Below, I have included a quote of your post.  I will now change the color of things that most made me have the same reaction as kobok.  (Side note, I could have changed the color of the whole post...)

The Comet Net movement

This is a movement to promote the new and improved paths for the metaphysical, occult and paranormal; this is a movement for knowledge.

The reason for all of this is that it appears that many of the Metaphysical communities are either dying or losing over all mass of those that are interested in truly getting ahead, where many are unsatisfied with the current basics and general information constantly regurgitated that just arenít cutting it this time.

The communities are not dying; they are just stagnating with the slow process of the transition into the next stage, the future.

A future, where we have many new articles, and not just rewritten with different examples, but with different formats and truly new information that give us stable results sooner.

This movement was started by those dedicated and interested with great love for all things metaphysical and paranormal, our present roots may presently be in psionics and magick, but we will grow with every day until we are known as a renaissance like movement of everything metaphysical.

This is also an artistic movement for all the arts and creativity through interpretations of everything metaphysical in its fiction and nonfiction forms. Not just an attempt at a renaissance for the metaphysical, psionics, magick, psychic abilities and others.

How would the arts, based on the inspiration or interpretations of Comet Net help it?

Each work of art, writing and other forms of creativity around the focus of Comet Net paints a new layer of complex energies over Comet Net; all of these layers will give Comet Net a new depth, which would help all interpretations of it that will be viewed differently by all, though they will share very important common grounds.

What the Comet Net is and its Services?

An energy source.
    Able to affect you, reality, and much more.  (much more?  What else, non-reality?)
    Tool to perceive different things. (Binoculars of the Occult and paranormal)
    It is its own force.
    Movement of increasing awareness of the metaphysical, cultures online and offline. Promoting it at the same time.
    Hospital healing and recovery force.
    Own astral plane.
    Clean, potent and safe sources for Psivamps.  (I doubt these exist beyond those shown to be disproportionately high in psychological issues...)

Requirements for use: If you will be using it in the future as an energy source, please be aware that for all energy you send to the Comet net, it notes down and will give you access to 4 times all the energy you have sent for that month.
It will require a generation 4 connection  (okay, hold on, beep beep, back the truck up.  First of all, I cannot express the amount of "...What?" I feel about this.  Second, what is this, an "astral pyramid scheme?"  And thirdly, a generation 4 connection?  Unless this is a new DBZ-like term for, idk, something "mystical", does this mean I need a 4G Verizon phone to access this?  Are we to assume that the kind of energy you're talking about travels through the Internet, and is limited by the Internet's speed?)

Where does it receive its energy to give us 4 times what we give?: It mainly focuses on Ley lines, star lines, Earth veins, the sun, elemental energies and other environmental energies. All of those energies are transmuted to a specific type of energy that is more efficient and changes easily for all purposes it is used for.

Why should I feed it if it gets so much energy already?: Your energy has lots of focus within it and focus makes all the processes in the Comet net much stronger, just saying it or talking about it makes it stronger. Energy and focus do a lot more than certain sources of environmental energies.

What if it sends to much energy to my area?: The Comet net has many filters that shut off when energy grows in dangerous levels, also operates with a global port system so energy goes through many filters and things before it even gets directed into the Comet net or into the area of your connection.

What to expect: Expect partial realms to form a portal/opening at all sites of connection.
So if you connected to the Comet Net via paintings then the paintings will have openings that only people who participated in certain requirements for use will have access to, though people will still feel its effects.  (So if I connect to Comet Net via dung beetles, does that mean that I'll only have an 'opening' to other people that connect via dung beetles?)

The connection spots should feel to have an odd sort of vibrant area. Its energies could instill and act as a ward of your choice. So your area = your rules/preference.

Belief is the unifying factor; respect is the foundation for all of this. (Just like religions and cults?)

This is meant to influence learning and the search of knowledge. To say that we are not satisfied with our current walls and foundations! We need to work together and break the walls that have so encompassed us and let our comfort zone become lazy and limited. We will be bringing all practices up to date and efficient for this new age and destroy the walls encompassing the ranges nearly a decade ago were our outer limits.

So join the movement, 2012 is the end. The end of mediocrity.
May the golden age begin.

http://constructworld.weebly.com

Questions are suggested and criticism is much more than welcomed :-D

October 12, 2012, 08:33:19 AM
Reply #3

AzurePhoenix

• Settling In

• View Profile
Woot, this is what I'm talking about :)
Sorry, I haven't been too true to my side of mental training on learning better English grammar, but I'm at the very least decent haha xD

I'll copy and paste the red stuff and your comment.

"many of the Metaphysical communities are either dying or losing over all mass of those that are interested in truly getting ahead"

This part I meant as in there really haven't been many movements/groups to shoot for innovation or new, or at the very least ones that are publicly doing so and getting anything more than regurgitating existing info.

"with the slow process of the transition into the next stage, the future."

Ermm, not sure what your questioning so i'll just shout BATMAN!
But umm, maybe you think I mean something like experience, but I was mostly pointing out the lack of anything new or interesting rocking the paradigms in most OECs and general Metaphysical communities.

"and much more.  (much more?  What else, non-reality?)"

Times like these make me wish for there to be a sarcasm font to better know how to reply xD
But I was lazy and didn't think I needed to list all the categories of things it would be able to affect.
But thats a good idea, non-reality, maybe for those that want to purposely become delusional to enjoy life, stuff like Pink Elephants dancing when your boss is yelling at you, something like that. But, that brings my question on what would characteristics you need for that reality to be false, since what you experience is your own reality.
A professional divers reality is on being very aware on where they are in life, because they have to be when they are diving else they could die from a simple mistake of forgetting about the "bends", but i'm getting out of topic, but onto the next red line! (Might be enjoying this too much)

"Own astral plane."

I'm probably assuming too much, but in my experience and that of a few others I look up to   :bunny:
There are infinite amounts of planes that make up the general "astral" (Not referring to its inhabitants)
The different planes (LOL, I hope you don't think I meant the literal FWOOSHH flying plane xD) are governed by the vibration rates, like high would be fast vibration (kinky) and lower planes would be lower vibrations.
And I figured if it vibrated in its own unique vibration it would be in more planes and a new one, and I figured it would fill it out since the vibration in theory would only exist in Comet Net and those that project to it (Scanning and even AP).

"will give you access to 4 times all the energy you have sent for that month.
It will require a generation 4 connection  (okay, hold on, beep beep, back the truck up.  First of all, I cannot express the amount of "...What?" I feel about this.  Second, what is this, an "astral pyramid scheme?"  And thirdly, a generation 4 connection?  Unless this is a new DBZ-like term for, idk, something "mystical", does this mean I need a 4G Verizon phone to access this?  Are we to assume that the kind of energy you're talking about travels through the Internet, and is limited by the Internet's speed?)"

Forget your money, I want the women and children! But in all seriousness, its simply like you give someone 1 pebble and they give you 4 beads.
Its not an "astral pyramid scheme" (googles) though your mention may have started their existence xD
Didn't want to make this bigger than it has to be, but here i'll put the link that explains the new terms.
http://constructworld.weebly.com/generation-of-connectionslinking.html
In my thinking, we need more terms to define new or different things if this whole thing is going to grow past such terms as Telekinesis, pyrokinesis and dreadfully the term "lactokinesis" rofl.
This is new stuff so you will need 5G. (Pretend the italics are a sarcasm font)

"transmuted to a specific type of energy that is more efficient "

Well in physics they teach that energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed.
Well, this is just an energy type that I've worked on that is denser and has nifty qualities, it will continue to change and evolve, and I hope to have unbiased groups scan it from time to time.

"many filters that shut off when energy grows in dangerous levels, "

ITS OVER 9,000! Its to avoid energy overloads, especially in those that can't redirect it.
Umm, I'm only writting like this, since frankly its serious fun, and I hope its fun to read, but please don't take it as offensive, If it is please tell me so my future replies won't have them if they bother you guys.

"global port system"

Umm, yeah, ports and stuff, can't have everything going directly to it, view it as a filter for a communities water supply, can't have things flow down it without filtering and cleaning.

"will have openings that only people who participated in certain requirements for use will have access to, though people will still feel its effects.  (So if I connect to Comet Net via dung beetles, does that mean that I'll only have an 'opening' to other people that connect via dung beetles?)"

Hey! Thats a type of connection, though not sure how ethical it might be.
Mostly meant as like staff members in charge of the construct, to be able to cut off harmful links, though Comet Net does it by itself.

"Belief is the unifying factor; respect is the foundation for all of this. (Just like religions and cults?)"

Yeah! And science too. Since lots of science needs as much faith as most religions, I might be wrong, I mostly read into psychology and culture.

Anyways, most answers to questions can be found on the site, its new and I have a lot of its content on mounds of papers xD

Also, the criticism is helping a lot, made a few notes on stuff to change, edit, etc.

October 12, 2012, 01:14:16 PM
Reply #4

Enchia

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
his part I meant as in there really haven't been many movements/groups to shoot for innovation or new, or at the very least ones that are publicly doing so and getting anything more than regurgitating existing info.

I can't talk about other sites but this site has been doing experiments where people could participate.

Times like these make me wish for there to be a sarcasm font to better know how to reply xD
But I was lazy and didn't think I needed to list all the categories of things it would be able to affect.
But thats a good idea, non-reality, maybe for those that want to purposely become delusional to enjoy life, stuff like Pink Elephants dancing when your boss is yelling at you, something like that. But, that brings my question on what would characteristics you need for that reality to be false, since what you experience is your own reality.
A professional divers reality is on being very aware on where they are in life, because they have to be when they are diving else they could die from a simple mistake of forgetting about the "bends", but i'm getting out of topic, but onto the next red line! (Might be enjoying this too much)

You still did not answer Trowa's question.

There are infinite amounts of planes that make up the general "astral" (Not referring to its inhabitants)
The different planes (LOL, I hope you don't think I meant the literal FWOOSHH flying plane xD) are governed by the vibration rates, like high would be fast vibration (kinky) and lower planes would be lower vibrations.
And I figured if it vibrated in its own unique vibration it would be in more planes and a new one, and I figured it would fill it out since the vibration in theory would only exist in Comet Net and those that project to it (Scanning and even AP).

First of all, there is a problem in your reasoning I like to point out. You say that different planes are governed by vibration rates so I assume based on the rest of your first premis that every plain has its own unique vibration rates. But if this it true then how at the same time can a new plain vibrate on a new level and at the same time at more planes at once? Second of all, how do you make an astral plain your possession?

Well, this is just an energy type that I've worked on that is denser and has nifty qualities, it will continue to change and evolve, and I hope to have unbiased groups scan it from time to time.

Getting unbiased feedback might be a little difficult if you are planing to ask somebody to scan for this type of energy. Because asking this question in it self provokes a biased view. You have to be very careful with that.

Yeah! And science too. Since lots of science needs as much faith as most religions, I might be wrong, I mostly read into psychology and culture.

It is not clear to me what it is you mean with faith, especially in relation to science. Perhaps you could explain that first.

October 12, 2012, 04:57:02 PM
Reply #5

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
since what you experience is your own reality.

No, sadly there is only one, and we have to share it.  This is one of the great inconveniences of existence.

Since lots of science needs as much faith as most religions

Science is not built on faith.  It is built from a philosophy of deriving truth through meticulously careful observation, and reasoning exclusively from those observations.

October 12, 2012, 08:20:05 PM
Reply #6

AzurePhoenix

• Settling In

• View Profile
"I can't talk about other sites but this site has been doing experiments where people could participate. "

Sweet, I'll ask an admin of this site if I can post a link to them and participate myself.

"You still did not answer Trowa's question."

Was probably stammering to much that you didn't notice it.
I replied "But I was lazy and didn't think I needed to list all the categories of things it would be able to affect."

"First of all, there is a problem in your reasoning I like to point out. You say that different planes are governed by vibration rates so I assume based on the rest of your first premis that every plain has its own unique vibration rates. But if this it true then how at the same time can a new plain vibrate on a new level and at the same time at more planes at once? Second of all, how do you make an astral plain your possession?"

Wow, those are a lot of concepts to explain xD
Here this should explain my theory better http://metapara.weebly.com/energy-vibrations-faq.html
I'll give one example, visualize the Astral planes as a huge cup of water, and you add thousands of different densities of oils, all of the oils will rise or float down based on their respective densities, that is the astral plane.
Logically there are an infinite amount of potential ranges in all of them and more if they have different properties rather than "density".
This is just a oil with a different density so it pushes against its surrounding densities forming a pocket.

"Getting unbiased feedback might be a little difficult if you are planing to ask somebody to scan for this type of energy. Because asking this question in it self provokes a biased view. You have to be very careful with that."

Yeah, I planned a bit on that xD They won't know what they will be looking at or for.
I'd explain it a bit here, but thats for later months.

"Getting unbiased feedback might be a little difficult if you are planing to ask somebody to scan for this type of energy. Because asking this question in it self provokes a biased view. You have to be very careful with that."

"Science is not built on faith.  It is built from a philosophy of deriving truth through meticulously careful observation, and reasoning exclusively from those observations."

Not the definition and general concept of science, I meant mostly on how the masses take most of its theories as complete truth. I don't have many better so even I lean towards them, but you can at least admit that much of main stream science is biased.

Example?
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/story.asp?storycode=411401

"No, sadly there is only one, and we have to share it.  This is one of the great inconveniences of existence."

r-e∑al∑i∑ty/rēˈalətē/
Noun:   

The world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them: "he refuses to face reality".
    A thing that is actually experienced or seen, esp. when this is grim or problematic: "the harsh realities of life".

-----

A common colloquial usage would have reality mean "perceptions, beliefs, and attitudes toward reality," as in "My reality is not your reality." This is often used just as a colloquialism indicating that the parties to a conversation agree, or should agree, not to quibble over deeply different conceptions of what is real. For example, in a religious discussion between friends, one might say (attempting humor), "You might disagree, but in my reality, everyone goes to heaven."

Reality can be defined in a way that links it to world views or parts of them (conceptual frameworks): Reality is the totality of all things, structures (actual and conceptual), events (past and present) and phenomena, whether observable or not. It is what a world view (whether it be based on individual or shared human experience) ultimately attempts to describe or map.

How can you say there is only one reality?
Do you think a normal person, (and by normal I mean the majority) has the same worries and thoughts as you on their life? Do they have the same reality as you? (I'll assume you practice an art, be it psionics, magick, etc.) Would they be worrying on being shielded?

That is a bit of a lame example so i'll give another one.

Amish, oohh thats a good one.
Do you think an Amish person, (not an MTV one) has the same reality as you?
On computers, electronics and modern world issues and problems?

Frankly the only reality we can all agree that we share is that we are aware of ourselves existing.
Sorry if it doesn't make sense xD
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:27:21 PM by AzurePhoenix »

October 12, 2012, 08:54:32 PM
Reply #7

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Was probably stammering to much that you didn't notice it.
I replied "But I was lazy and didn't think I needed to list all the categories of things it would be able to affect."
No, please, do list them.  I want to know what else there is, besides reality.

And also, your view of reality is questionable.  You might as well be saying that "if someone in Idaho cuts down a tree, and a guy in Alabama doesn't hear it, the tree never fell." 

October 13, 2012, 04:34:55 AM
Reply #8

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: AzurePhoenix
Not the definition and general concept of science, I meant mostly on how the masses take most of its theories as complete truth. I don't have many better so even I lean towards them, but you can at least admit that much of main stream science is biased.
Ironically, you'll need to provide some empirical sources to back up the idea that the masses take scientific theories as complete truth. Ones beyond the media, who are anything but reliable.

Quote from: AzurePhoenix
Do you think a normal person, (and by normal I mean the majority) has the same worries and thoughts as you on their life? Do they have the same reality as you? (I'll assume you practice an art, be it psionics, magick, etc.) Would they be worrying on being shielded?
These are not different realities, merely different concerns about the same reality. A lack of knowledge about what gravity is doesn't allow lesser species, or the ignorant, to fly.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

October 13, 2012, 11:20:16 AM
Reply #9

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
"Science is not built on faith.  It is built from a philosophy of deriving truth through meticulously careful observation, and reasoning exclusively from those observations."

Not the definition and general concept of science, I meant mostly on how the masses take most of its theories as complete truth.

How the masses use science and integrate it into their lives has absolutely nothing to do with science or what it requires.  You are talking about the people who understand science the least, and thus use it the most inaccurately.  This is not a problem or shortcoming science, it is a problem with education.

I don't have many better so even I lean towards them, but you can at least admit that much of main stream science is biased.

I would say bias in science is significantly lower than in almost every other field of study.  So it is about as unbiased as it gets.

"No, sadly there is only one, and we have to share it.  This is one of the great inconveniences of existence."

The world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them: "he refuses to face reality".
    A thing that is actually experienced or seen, esp. when this is grim or problematic: "the harsh realities of life".

A common colloquial usage would have reality mean "perceptions, beliefs, and attitudes toward reality," as in "My reality is not your reality."

The very definition you gave above CONTRADICTS THAT USAGE, right where it says "as opposed to".  That means that "usage" is simply wrong.  Fortunately, such usage is not common.

This is often used just as a colloquialism indicating that the parties to a conversation agree, or should agree, not to quibble over deeply different conceptions of what is real. For example, in a religious discussion between friends, one might say (attempting humor), "You might disagree, but in my reality, everyone goes to heaven."

I really can't picture any of my friends saying that...  It defies logic too much to be included in intelligent religious discourse.  If everyone went to heaven in one person's "reality", then by the definition of reality given above everyone would in truth go to heaven.  This would mean if you took any particular person and asked, "does that person go to heaven?" you would get the answer yes.  That would mean if you took any person, and that person waited until dying to see what happened, that person would go to heaven.  And since that would happen for any person, it would happen in "everyone's reality", because THERE IS ONLY ONE.  If it DIDN'T happen for every person, then the only thing that means is that the statement is false.

This is the reason it is important to understand that there is only one reality.  It yields power for testing and exploring the truth of statements.  It means if you find one person who didn't go to heaven, you have disproven the given statement, and you can't just explain it away as having slipped into an alternate reality in which truth is fickle.

How can you say there is only one reality?
Do you think a normal person, (and by normal I mean the majority) has the same worries and thoughts as you on their life?

Worries and thoughts do not constitute the reality in which a person lives in any actual sense.

Amish, oohh thats a good one.
Do you think an Amish person, (not an MTV one) has the same reality as you?
On computers, electronics and modern world issues and problems?

Yes.  An Amish person and I have exactly the same reality.  We just choose to pay attention to different parts of it.

October 13, 2012, 08:23:00 PM
Reply #10

AzurePhoenix

• Settling In

• View Profile
No, please, do list them.  I want to know what else there is, besides reality.

And also, your view of reality is questionable.  You might as well be saying that "if someone in Idaho cuts down a tree, and a guy in Alabama doesn't hear it, the tree never fell." 

I used reality to generalize, I'm not saying there is more than reality.
Stuff like luck/chance, perception, Events and encounters, appearance (Mostly how others perceive you), and just pretty much anything you want, though depending on the feat, lol.

My view of reality is more like, "A guy in Idaho chops down a tree, and the guy in Alabama doesn't hear it, then the trees absence most likely didn't directly affect the guy in Alabama."  Both guys can argue wether or not the guy in Idaho cut it down, but it wasn't cut down till the guy in Alabama sees it, cause the guy could be lying.
I'm not saying things don't or do happen just depending on a persons perception.

Faijer:

Ironically, you'll need to provide some empirical sources to back up the idea that the masses take scientific theories as complete truth. Ones beyond the media, who are anything but reliable.

It is what I have experienced, you could also go on facebook and other social sites and look at comments on religious things.

"These are not different realities, merely different concerns about the same reality. A lack of knowledge about what gravity is doesn't allow lesser species, or the ignorant, to fly."

I never said that, like something I heard in a movie.
"I don't believe in the devil."
"Well he believes in you"
In most cases since I won't assume its not possible, when you jump, you will always come back down, regardless of your understanding of gravity.

I am saying based on my view of what reality is, reality is what you perceive, what affects you directly that you are aware of.
I don't think my view on reality is questionable or incorrect, it inspires me to broaden my reality, to anchor me down to all things physical and nonphysical that I can experience and learn from. I don't depend on the words of others to make my maps, suggestions of course, but I believe nothing and question everything.

October 14, 2012, 12:12:37 AM
Reply #11

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Reality isn't "what you perceive."  What you perceive is your perception of reality.  Reality is all that which is real.  The tree in Idaho falls, regardless if one man saw it, a thousand men saw it, a squirrel saw it, or no one saw it.  "If a tree falls and no one is around, does it make a sound?"  And the answer is, of course, "yes."

Reality isn't just "what affects you directly that you are aware of."  People can be killed instantly by things that they weren't aware of.  People can be killed instantly by things that NO-ONE was aware of.

You need to realize that there is a difference between someone's subjective experience, and what is actually reality.

October 14, 2012, 12:49:51 AM
Reply #12

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
I am saying based on my view of what reality is, reality is what you perceive, what affects you directly that you are aware of.
I don't think my view on reality is questionable or incorrect,

It IS incorrect, because that's not what the word MEANS.  What you haven't made clear yet is WHICH WAY you are incorrect.

You are either:

1) Accepting that there is only one set of things out there which actually exist as objectively true, but redefining the word "reality" as a perception of reality, in contradiction to the definitions everyone else uses as established in essentially every current dictionary (including the one you quoted).

2) Declaring that there are mutually incompatible and contradictory things that are objectively true at the same time, such as in Alice's reality Bob is on fire, and in Bob's reality he is just fine and there is no fire.

Please clarify which of these two approaches you are trying to advocate.  (Note:  You cannot choose to be advocating both, because they explicitly contradict each other.)

October 15, 2012, 07:53:41 AM
Reply #13

AzurePhoenix

• Settling In

• View Profile
In MY experience and in research I did there are multiple realities.
Mostly two.
Absolute reality .
And relative reality.

Even in normal, everyday perception, the kind we all agree upon, we are seeing things that are not really there. Color, sound, smell, and all the other qualities of experience are not qualities of the physical world; they exist only in the mind.

The fact that we create our experience of reality does not imply that there is no underlying reality. When a tree falls in the forest, there is a specific event that is happening in the physical world. There is something that gives rise to my perception, and to your perception -- and to the perception of a bird sitting on one of its branches. But we know nothing of that event directly. All we know are the experiences created in our minds.

In Indian philosophy these two realities are sometimes referred to as the Absolute and the Relative. The Absolute is the underlying reality. It does not change according to who is experiencing it. It is, as it is, an independent reality. The Relative is the reality we observe, the reality generated in our minds. There is just one Absolute; but there are numerous relative realities, each relative to a particular experiencer at a particular point in space and time.

This whole post turned into an debate of definition and opinions.
But if this post doesn't put you at rest then lets agree to disagree and just get back on to the original topic of the Whats inspired on the topic of Comet Net.

Edit: I would actually like to keep talking about this topic, if we make a new post on the matter of reality we could keep discussing this since we have strayed from the original post :)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:02:26 AM by AzurePhoenix »

October 15, 2012, 09:22:00 AM
Reply #14

Trowa

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
So, now you've finally decided to agree with me, and that there is a difference between subjective experience and actual reality, just using different words and unnecessary whimsy.  Took you long enough...