Author Topic: Ten answers about God  (Read 26283 times)

March 23, 2012, 11:03:19 AM
Reply #15

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Nicodemus: Your not alone on that, if there is a god s/he/it's not answering the phone. Also doesn't seem to care either. I think god's are just our way of not fearing the unknown. Gives us something to believe in. A form of hope. All the religion of the world I guess God is really just another word for Hope. Or "god" is used as a bully for a control based religion that seeks to keep the sheep in line.

#6: Both old and new testament were written in the language of branches. We cannot normally talk about higher spheres as we lack both understanding and words for it.
For that purpose people that manage to obtain higher understanding created a language of branches.
When such person speaks about a kiss, he doesn't speak about the kiss as the physical touch of the lips but as about higher energies working that led to the physical kiss.
What happens here has roots in the higher spheres. As above, so below.

So, now we have a holy religionistic book written in a language of branches, what happens next?
Someone goes, reads them in the mundane way and thinks to himself: Ok, there is this guy on the cloud we have to listen else we will go to the hell, so let's create a church and force this thing.

March 23, 2012, 11:17:10 AM
Reply #16

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Which is a cause of much harm and destruction in the world. Religions in the sense of control structure are the worst thing around. They make people feel small and weak, they give them an artificial sense of worthlessness. Faith and spirituality do away with this for the most part. I have faith in something greater than this life, I can't put into words what it is that I feel. I just know. You can not describe to me how you felt the first time you saw your son, no words can sum that up. Much like I couldn't describe the first time I saw my daughter. This is how "god" is. You can not put into words what it is, by doing so you limit it. You can not limit that which can not be know.

March 23, 2012, 11:20:18 AM
Reply #17

Nicodemus

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
What proofs do we have that God exists as a united being, with a sense of self and consciousness, that can perceive everything He created, and can contemplate and love each one of us? What proofs do we have that God is really that Being and not simply a 'blind watchmaker', a lifeless machine creating conscious beings that live in suffering and are evolved, discarded and selected in a process without any intelligence or life behind that will end in really creating God for real?

Bubba's question was number 4 so now we have:
#5:

I guess you don't have a problem with existence of God, it looks more like a problem with existence of the usual personification of God.
God as I understand is not anything you can or cannot believe in or something that can/can't be right but just to add something:
God is NOT:
- old bearded guy on the cloud.
- mundane.
- understandable.
- angry when you don't worship him.

Tell me, why would a perfect being have a need to look like a bearded guy or have a need for you to worship such being?
That doesn't make a sense even from our mundane perspective, right?

Well I'm sure that God isn't that personified being. But if He is perfect, If He is superior to everything else, then He must have life, He must feel, He must understand, He must perceive.
I want very much to understand God, but i know i will only achieve that with much effort and much spiritual practice and much time. But what proofs do we have that He exists? You say God "is not anything you can or cannot believe in" but if it is so, how do you know He exists? And how can some people be sure of His existence?
There were moments in the past when i had a strong faith, i simply knew God exists. But my rational mind, no matter how much it has tried has never reached total certainty of the existence of God.

March 23, 2012, 03:44:27 PM
Reply #18

XxxX_Edyn_XxxX

• Settling In

• View Profile

March 23, 2012, 03:58:31 PM
Reply #19

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Which is a cause of much harm and destruction in the world. Religions in the sense of control structure are the worst thing around. They make people feel small and weak, they give them an artificial sense of worthlessness. Faith and spirituality do away with this for the most part. I have faith in something greater than this life, I can't put into words what it is that I feel. I just know. You can not describe to me how you felt the first time you saw your son, no words can sum that up. Much like I couldn't describe the first time I saw my daughter. This is how "god" is. You can not put into words what it is, by doing so you limit it. You can not limit that which can not be know.

Verily, verily, I say unto you. You are actually closer to God than 95% of priests I know.

March 23, 2012, 04:02:52 PM
Reply #20

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What proofs do we have that God exists as a united being, with a sense of self and consciousness, that can perceive everything He created, and can contemplate and love each one of us? What proofs do we have that God is really that Being and not simply a 'blind watchmaker', a lifeless machine creating conscious beings that live in suffering and are evolved, discarded and selected in a process without any intelligence or life behind that will end in really creating God for real?

Bubba's question was number 4 so now we have:
#5:

I guess you don't have a problem with existence of God, it looks more like a problem with existence of the usual personification of God.
God as I understand is not anything you can or cannot believe in or something that can/can't be right but just to add something:
God is NOT:
- old bearded guy on the cloud.
- mundane.
- understandable.
- angry when you don't worship him.

Tell me, why would a perfect being have a need to look like a bearded guy or have a need for you to worship such being?
That doesn't make a sense even from our mundane perspective, right?

Well I'm sure that God isn't that personified being. But if He is perfect, If He is superior to everything else, then He must have life, He must feel, He must understand, He must perceive.
I want very much to understand God, but i know i will only achieve that with much effort and much spiritual practice and much time. But what proofs do we have that He exists? You say God "is not anything you can or cannot believe in" but if it is so, how do you know He exists? And how can some people be sure of His existence?
There were moments in the past when i had a strong faith, i simply knew God exists. But my rational mind, no matter how much it has tried has never reached total certainty of the existence of God.

#7: Well, I got to the point where I simply know God exists same as I know you exist. I still lack understanding of the Creation so I might not be the best one to help you to look for your lost faith. But there is really no big deal in the faith as it will come naturally.

We have the the advantage of immortal spirits. You won't get it right in this life? Well, then in the next one.
You say there is no after-life? Then we don't need to care, either :D.

March 23, 2012, 04:04:43 PM
Reply #21

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Where is God?

Answer #1. We are drops of water and God is the ocean, I guess that explains where God is.

March 23, 2012, 07:40:47 PM
Reply #22

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
What is True Prayer?
And how!

March 24, 2012, 07:49:02 AM
Reply #23

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What is True Prayer?

#8: I personally take a prayer as true prayer when these 2 conditions are met:
1) There is a right time for the prayer. This is more dependent on personal mood or the feel.
2) When words of the prayer don't come from memorized text but flows from one's heart.

March 24, 2012, 10:11:44 AM
Reply #24

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Aside (don't count this as a question): After your 10 answer are done, can we argue with some of your answers if we don't agree with them, or are the answers supposed to be in accordance with the concepts specifically put forth by the zohar such that arguing them via concepts from other paradigms has nothing to do with what you're trying to do? >_>

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

March 24, 2012, 11:21:50 AM
Reply #25

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
Aside (don't count this as a question): After your 10 answer are done, can we argue with some of your answers if we don't agree with them, or are the answers supposed to be in accordance with the concepts specifically put forth by the zohar such that arguing them via concepts from other paradigms has nothing to do with what you're trying to do? >_>

~Steve

^This.

There could be a fair amount ofdebate over these. Don't get me wrong, this thread is a good idea, but how do you "know" more about God than the peole asking the questions? Especially because God is defined differently by almost everybody.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

March 24, 2012, 11:48:33 AM
Reply #26

ONS

• View Profile

~Steve

^This.

There could be a fair amount ofdebate over these. Don't get me wrong, this thread is a good idea, but how do you "know" more about God than the peole asking the questions? Especially because God is defined differently by almost everybody.

I'm all for the debating but he did say this.

I have recently managed to buy a true jewel, Zohar. I got through first 30 pages and I really like it, but I would like to track my progress in understanding of Creation and for that purpose I need some fixed point for later comparison.

March 24, 2012, 12:46:31 PM
Reply #27

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation

~Steve

I will quote just this message because I believe it pretty much sums up last three messages :).

When last (10th) question is answered I will have what I needed. A fixed point I can refer to much later during comparison of my old and new understanding. With that said I don't mind any discussion regarding my answers. I just hope you won't force me to find references in old and new testament that backs up my claims, these are not small books and I hope you do understand that I am not a robot and I can hardly remember every page.

@Impervious: I believe I already said this in some different thread.
Our understanding of God changes with time. More we understand God more different our view is (opposite applies, too). Points I present here are what I've got through study and current understanding on the matter (simply personal opinion) and should be taken as such.

March 24, 2012, 01:16:48 PM
Reply #28

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I believe that each one of us will understand our god-like power one day, that day is when you hold your child the day s/he is born. It is that moment that you realize that you created/helped create a new life and that life is in your hands. To mold into a better person that you (Hopefully). Just my 2 cents. We can debate theology all day and night but to know what we can really do is amazing.

March 24, 2012, 07:12:47 PM
Reply #29

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
@Akenu: I meant no disrespect and I understand that we all have our opinions.  :) I was mostly just wondering with what authority you answered these questions (I hope that doesn't make it seem like I think you have none; that is not what I mean). I also think debating this could bring up some interesting points if done right.

@BubbaFett: That was truly inspiring. To me, at least.
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)