Author Topic: Ten answers about God  (Read 26284 times)

March 23, 2012, 02:20:48 AM
Read 26284 times

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Hi there :)

I have recently managed to buy a true jewel, Zohar. I got through first 30 pages and I really like it, but I would like to track my progress in understanding of Creation and for that purpose I need some fixed point for later comparison.

For that purpose, I will answer 10 questions about God, the best way I can. So, feel free to ask :).

March 23, 2012, 05:17:15 AM
Reply #1

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
What is God?
I guess we had to start somewhere.

March 23, 2012, 05:21:37 AM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
#1: God is an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being containing the whole reality, for us He is like an ocean and for Him we are like a drops of water in said ocean. Water droplets are part of the ocean and you can say that the ocean is also part of the droplets, but droplets are not the ocean itself.

March 23, 2012, 06:35:16 AM
Reply #3

ONS

• View Profile
What is the point and purpose of God, if any at all?

March 23, 2012, 06:53:09 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
#2: We can hardly say what's the point of purpose of God because that is beyond our understanding. God is perfect by definition and we as "imperfect" cannot really know till we get to the final stage of creation, final stage of our spiritual development.

It's like a new apple on the tree. When a person that doesn't know apples will observe the new apple, he will find these:
1) apple is small
2) apple is hard
3) it doesn't taste good.

And this person will have this understanding of apples till he gets to taste the ripe apple. From the same point, we cannot really comprehend the point of purpose of God until we come to the final stage of the development.

March 23, 2012, 07:31:38 AM
Reply #5

Nicodemus

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
What proofs do we have that God exists as a united being, with a sense of self and consciousness, that can perceive everything He created, and can contemplate and love each one of us? What proofs do we have that God is really that Being and not simply a 'blind watchmaker', a lifeless machine creating conscious beings that live in suffering and are evolved, discarded and selected in a process without any intelligence or life behind that will end in really creating God for real?

March 23, 2012, 09:35:57 AM
Reply #6

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Is God a 'being'? (As in, has some kind of form and definition)
Can God be personified?

March 23, 2012, 09:42:20 AM
Reply #7

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
What was there before "God"?

March 23, 2012, 10:22:50 AM
Reply #8

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Is God a 'being'? (As in, has some kind of form and definition)
Can God be personified?

#3: Humans tend to personify God to understand what God means or what God is, it's just Ego trying to keep its throne, God goes beyond these concepts because God is perfect to begin with.

March 23, 2012, 10:25:50 AM
Reply #9

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What was there before "God"?

#4: In Kabbalah, it's called Ein Sof. God before it became God. Creator before it became creation.
Humans created God to personify the higher energies taking place in the universum but before humans there was no one to name God so God was nameless but still very much aware :).
To add to this, even when humans created God by naming him that way, they still lack the capability to grasp what God really means.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:09:05 AM by Akenu »

March 23, 2012, 10:52:11 AM
Reply #10

Nicodemus

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Sorry for my post, i think it was insensitive to say the least... :redface:
But the truth is that despite all that i've read, all that i've searched, and how much i want be certain, unfortunately i'm still not 100% sure of the existence of God yet. :(

March 23, 2012, 10:53:06 AM
Reply #11

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Sorry I omitted your post, I didn't actually notice it :D

March 23, 2012, 10:56:11 AM
Reply #12

Nicodemus

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Sorry I omitted your post, I didn't actually notice it :D

I wish someone could make me sure that God exists. If you have knowledge for that please do so. : )

March 23, 2012, 10:58:56 AM
Reply #13

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Nicodemus: Your not alone on that, if there is a god s/he/it's not answering the phone. Also doesn't seem to care either. I think god's are just our way of not fearing the unknown. Gives us something to believe in. A form of hope. All the religion of the world I guess God is really just another word for Hope. Or "god" is used as a bully for a control based religion that seeks to keep the sheep in line.

March 23, 2012, 10:59:24 AM
Reply #14

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
What proofs do we have that God exists as a united being, with a sense of self and consciousness, that can perceive everything He created, and can contemplate and love each one of us? What proofs do we have that God is really that Being and not simply a 'blind watchmaker', a lifeless machine creating conscious beings that live in suffering and are evolved, discarded and selected in a process without any intelligence or life behind that will end in really creating God for real?

#5:

I guess you don't have a problem with existence of God, it looks more like a problem with existence of the usual personification of God.
God as I understand is not anything you can or cannot believe in or something that can/can't be right but just to add something:
God is NOT:
- old bearded guy on the cloud.
- mundane.
- understandable.
- angry when you don't worship him.

Tell me, why would a perfect being have a need to look like a bearded guy or have a need for you to worship such being?
That doesn't make a sense even from our mundane perspective, right?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:09:28 AM by Akenu »