Author Topic: what is your religion?  (Read 14119 times)

February 13, 2012, 06:39:06 PM
Reply #15

Constructman

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Nothing to read here
    • View Profile
Flying... uh, what type of pasta was that again? What does it mean?

Faith: Christianity
Specific Group: Local Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_churches_(affiliation)

We try to recover the basic truths in the bible and are opposed to denominationalism.

Shadowrain, do I know you from somewhere?

February 15, 2012, 02:22:02 AM
Reply #16

Nicodemus

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
I don't have any religion. I like the idea of approaching spirituality in a scientific manner rather than dogmatically and blindly. 

February 16, 2012, 08:17:58 PM
Reply #17

vobanack

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Rawr!
    • View Profile
A religion, currently four deities.

February 17, 2012, 05:37:07 AM
Reply #18

ShadowRain

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Sunora
Flying... uh, what type of pasta was that again? What does it mean?

Pastafarianism?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Shadowrain, do I know you from somewhere?

You probably have seen me over at the psion guild, I think that's where I've seen you.  I lurk in several communities.
Sunora
Learning from the past, exploring the future.

March 05, 2012, 04:20:46 PM
Reply #19

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
No Religion at all. Tend to follow free belief in more reality based experience. Simply because I have no proof that anything is a truth, least of all any religions. All seem to be the way, but to what really? Self Absorption? Dogmatism? Ego Masturbation?

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

March 06, 2012, 02:04:58 AM
Reply #20

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Nothing is permitted, everything is true. To add to Bubba's message: Belief should be based on experience and reality.

March 09, 2012, 07:02:39 AM
Reply #21

mrblack

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    everything is true, everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • The Razors Edge
I am technically a Roman Catholic but in practice, probably closer to Agnostic/Zen Buddhist.

And on that note;
Nothingness cannot be defined, the softest things cannot be bent
hepaby!

beyondchaosmagick.wordpress.com <-- journal
thehollowones.wordpress.com <--collective

March 20, 2012, 09:52:36 PM
Reply #22

thenumber44

• Settling In

• View Profile
I believe in a universal consciousness, and I believe in universal laws.  I believe in Karma.

But I don't agree with organized religion, to each his own, but it isn't for me.

I think that we are all here to learn lessons, and to grow and evolve spiritually.  And while much of what is taught or preached may be right on the mark, I think the point is that we should be learning them on our own.  Through decisions, mistakes, experiences, social interactions.  We all are at different stages, so I think preaching lessons, laws, commandments, morality etc. is futile given that it may or may not be something someone is ready to learn, accept or understand. 

Not sure if i explained that well, but I'll end with a classic:  "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.  Teilhard de Chardin

March 23, 2012, 09:45:46 AM
Reply #23

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
I seek to become the change I want in the world. If you want the world to be a good and loving place, become a good and loving person. Simple really. Mostly my path is similar to a darkworker (self focused) however it not hedonistic nor satanic. I do things for others because it make me feel good. I like having the knowledge that I may have made the day better for another person.

March 23, 2012, 04:39:02 PM
Reply #24

Willi

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I seek to become the change I want in the world. If you want the world to be a good and loving place, become a good and loving person. Simple really. Mostly my path is similar to a darkworker (self focused) however it not hedonistic nor satanic. I do things for others because it make me feel good. I like having the knowledge that I may have made the day better for another person.

You should found a new religion. Make a lot of money.

March 23, 2012, 08:30:08 PM
Reply #25

XxxX_Edyn_XxxX

• Settling In

• View Profile

You should found a new religion. Make a lot of money.

Id Probably follow

March 24, 2012, 01:30:56 PM
Reply #26

Hellblazer

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
It's more of a middle ground between lightworker and the darkworker paradigm. Your neither self absorbed or completely selfless. Basically you have the golden rule of "do unto others". With the self happiness of darkworking and the willingness to help others of a lightworker. No god, prayers, or structure religious systems. The goal is to basically become the change you want in the world. I help people because I want to, not because I have the "God" approval need. If I help someone, at a later date this may end up in me getting help from them. Things like that.

March 24, 2012, 05:45:52 PM
Reply #27

Tempest Desh

• Veritas Furniture

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Wannabe Techno-Dervish and Court-Fool-In-Training
    • View Profile
Technically speaking I'm a Sunni Muslim (Sufism falls under Islam in general, so, you could say as a traditionalist Muslim I'm Sufi-leaning/influenced, though I don't see myself spiritually developed enough to claim the title 'Sufi'). My paternal grandmother was of the people of Tassawuf/Sufism, though...and my mom's Christian...Also, I don't really consider Islam an 'organized religion'. While we have our religious scholars and spiritual guides, there really isn't any organized authority (like a church per say). These scholars/guides can give their educated opinions/fatwas. but we're not obliged to follow them, though a lot of Muslims do.

See ya on the flipside,

Tempest Desh
"Appear as you are. Be as you appear." - Mawlana Rumi (ra)

March 24, 2012, 06:48:21 PM
Reply #28

Honved

• View Profile
I am a Christian and believe in God, the saints, and the angels. Some of which I pray to.

April 30, 2012, 09:59:35 AM
Reply #29

Arkvoodle

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    Diabolical
    • View Profile
I'm not very keen on following organized religions, and i'm not too fond of some of the segregating and rather harsh beliefs that a majority of them hold. In my eyes, everyone is equal, we are all a part of a net of being. Interpret that as you please. I believe that harming each other and placing barriers between one another in the form of racism/sectarianism/homophobia/abusive doctrine is the greatest harm we can do to ourselves. It only leads to destruction and unhappiness, and as long as these barriers exist, humanity will continue to delve deeper into a pit of pain and suffering.

But I digress.

I don't hold any firm religious belief. The idea of a higher being is an interesting one, but there are many, many theories out there and i'm willing to hear many of them before I stick to one and say "This is the right way to go. Everyone else is wrong". Though, everyone is right in their own way, but wrong in others.