Author Topic: what is your religion?  (Read 14114 times)

January 23, 2012, 01:33:49 AM
Read 14114 times

kinneretov

• View Profile
hey guys,
just wondering what is your religion and also do you believe in god?

my name is Kinneret, i'm jewish and believe in god.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i would like to share with you an article related to my culture and religion, it's called tallit for women

January 23, 2012, 02:16:17 AM
Reply #1

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
I'll just get it over with:

Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Right, now the thread can be serious.

Atheist. Deistic atheist. Alright, deistic agnostic... Deistic pragmatic agnostic.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

January 23, 2012, 02:31:12 AM
Reply #2

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Hi kinneretov, I am a kabbalist.

January 23, 2012, 03:15:36 AM
Reply #3

kinneretov

• View Profile
really?kabbalist?
that's great. here in Israel , we have a huge place for that.
how many years you are a kabbalist?

January 23, 2012, 03:17:23 AM
Reply #4

Akenu

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    यम या रा आना
    • View Profile
    • Akenu's Initiation
Actually just something about a year, I had to find it the hard way, it actually was interesting because it has proven the need of suffering for finding the right way by its own.

January 23, 2012, 01:36:12 PM
Reply #5

Searcher

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Yes they bite😈
    • View Profile
Wow! Here’s a first (probably not) but me and Faijer agree on this…..well…..nearly?

I believe in the ‘All’ in that I am part of the All and the All is part of me. To put it another way I am part of everything that exists and everything that exists is part of me?

We can look but do we see and we can listen but do we hear? So what gets in the way?
👂u have to say because I don't do hints👂

January 24, 2012, 12:33:21 AM
Reply #6

ArcaTuthus

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Grateful not yet Graceful
    • View Profile
Deistic pragmatic agnostic.

Hmm, does that mean you don't know fore sure but a sentience might have set the universe at work and then stepped aside and let natural laws that were placed there by the sentience take over, but since the sentience has stepped out of picture after setting the universe in motion there is no use in debating over whether or not there is a sentience since it would have no effect on our existence? honest question.

I was raised without religion present, and am an aspiring student of Hermeticism now, and I believe in God. I refuse to define God, though.  :wink:
And how!

January 24, 2012, 01:03:06 AM
Reply #7

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: ArcaTuthus
Hmm, does that mean you don't know fore sure but a sentience might have set the universe at work and then stepped aside and let natural laws that were placed there by the sentience take over, but since the sentience has stepped out of picture after setting the universe in motion there is no use in debating over whether or not there is a sentience since it would have no effect on our existence? honest question.
Yes.

Except I would use the phrase godlike intelligence rather than sentience. Even fish are sentient.

January 25, 2012, 03:21:10 PM
Reply #8

ShadowRain

• Settling In

• View Profile
    • Sunora
I like to say that I believe in all gods but I follow none of them (aka, yes they all exist in some form, but I don't believe that any of them are The Supreme Creator God etc.).  I was raised Christian, but left.  I have yet to find a religion that actually fits what I believe, and I dislike the institutionalization/dogmatism that often comes along with religion... so I go with "spiritual but not religious".
Sunora
Learning from the past, exploring the future.

January 25, 2012, 05:50:05 PM
Reply #9

GreyDragon

• Settling In

• View Profile
I believe it's all relevent. A spore can remain inanimate in outer space for a long time before it reaches the right conditions. Purhaps a giant gasric mushroom on a far away planet propelled it's spores beyond the atmosphere as instinct to survive. Hell, I even believe that Santa Claus roots back to Siberian shamanism.If you seek answers you will find them.

January 25, 2012, 06:42:36 PM
Reply #10

Impervious

• Veritas Moderator
  • Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Become.
    • View Profile
My beliefs are much the same as Faijer's or ShadowRain's. I believe that spirits and deities exist in a sense. I have yet to decide if I believe that they exist outside of us, or directly because of us, but I don't see much value in making a distinction there.

I like to call myself an Experimental Agnostic. Whatever that means.  :P
(18:23) (@kobok) They taught me about that moth in college.
(01:06) (@kobok) (⊙ ‿ ⊙)

February 13, 2012, 06:28:32 AM
Reply #11

abc

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
nice thread :)

i'm an alchemist (we study all religions to try and take the 'common themes' from them)

February 13, 2012, 01:38:40 PM
Reply #12

leonard

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    What's that over there?
    • View Profile
I would say that I'm not in a religion, but rather a spiritual group of people trying to achieve something higher, though I suppose that would depend on your definition of a religion. That said, we don't worship any one god (or any one pantheon of gods). Everyone is free to worship who they wish (including not worshipping anything), and are allowed and encouraged to stay in their religion if they were in one when they joined up, providing it's not something that encourages things like law-breaking or mass murder. I myself wasn't in any religion, though I find many major systems of religion interesting.

As for what I believe in...everything. I believe that every god(ess)/angel/demon ever presented in religious texts do exist, ranging from putting different names on the same thing to being very religious specific. As to where they came from, I don't have enough information about metaphysical workings to make an opinion about that. However, I do think that all of them possess the ability to significantly influence our world. I only worship one specific god, though I will not reveal whom that is.
"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
-Aristotle

www.thedivinescience.org

February 13, 2012, 02:41:48 PM
Reply #13

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: leonard
I will not reveal whom that is.
In case anyone is wondering, it's me.

February 13, 2012, 06:24:29 PM
Reply #14

leonard

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    What's that over there?
    • View Profile
Don't flatter yourself. :P
"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self."
-Aristotle

www.thedivinescience.org