Author Topic: Public Construct Experiment - Results and Sigil  (Read 50050 times)

October 23, 2010, 11:37:00 PM
Read 50050 times

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
First of all, I wish to apologize for the delay in releasing this data and sigil. Blame school. :)

Second of all, I wish to thank all those who participated in this study, you are all awesome. :)

Now then, with the formalities out of the way, I'm happy to declare the experiment a great success!

Without further delay, I present to you the sigil:

Instructions: Focus on the sigil as if you were focusing on a candle flame during focal meditation. Yes, it's really as easy as that. The medium doesn't matter, so you can draw it, print it to paper, look at it on a computer screen, or even just picture it in your head. The construct is programmed to aid you in gaining psionic focus much quicker. How quickly? Well...

Results of the experiment:
Mean time it took to gain focus for the control group:           13.5 Minutes.
Mean time it took to gain focus for the experimental group:  0.94 Minutes.

Anyway, enjoy it everyone. Feel free to post comments, questions, or suggestions on how to improve it. I hope to have similar construct projects going in the future.  :cool:

October 24, 2010, 12:04:08 AM
Reply #1

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Verigeek.
    • View Profile
Great experiment, TakeV! I will try it out as soon as I have the time. Just one more question, could you elaborate a bit on how you actually created this construct to aid in developing psionic skills? Perhaps you could make a mini-article out of it. ;)

October 24, 2010, 07:26:11 AM
Reply #2

ezpero

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile
Thx for sharing the sigil TakeV, gonna give it a try after this
BTW, I'm a little lost about the term here, what's the difference between "control group" and "experiment group"?

October 24, 2010, 07:43:58 AM
Reply #3

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
The control group consists of people who meditated to attain focus without the use of te construct, and the experiment group consists of people who used the construct. Hope that clears things up for you.

October 24, 2010, 11:49:46 AM
Reply #4

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
The control group consists of people who meditated to attain focus without the use of te construct, and the experiment group consists of people who used the construct. Hope that clears things up for you.

Clarification:  The control group used a different sigil which did not have the construct attached to it, aka, a placebo.  (And neither group was told whether or not the sigil they received had the construct attached.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

October 24, 2010, 03:47:36 PM
Reply #5

Vorthos

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Every person's life flows from one idea.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the Sigil, I will try it tonight. May I suggest another experiment? I have heard you can actually bind constructs to different words and motions. I know that much of qi gong is predicated on this practice, though it does not employ constructs. I would like make an attempt to bind a construct to a word, but I am not sufficiently skilled. Would you be interested in trying something along these lines? Perhaps a shielding construct?
Of all the exercises, diets, programs, and habits which the world tells us are healthy, the single most important, and most neglected, is an avid practice of Qi Gong.

October 24, 2010, 05:09:11 PM
Reply #6

ezpero

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

Clarification:  The control group used a different sigil which did not have the construct attached to it, aka, a placebo.  (And neither group was told whether or not the sigil they received had the construct attached.)

Ah, so that's what it means
Okay then, thanks for the explanation tempestum and kobok

BTW, I tried to focus on the sigil yesterday, here's what I get
On my 1st attempt, I was somewhat absorbed into the sigil rather quickly
The focus came, but it doesn't seem that much of it happened because of my effort, since I only put my usual amount of focus there without expecting anything
It's more like the sigil absorbed my attention, literally

Here's the thoughts that I came up with during the process
- the word psi (is the sigil based on the word psi? it looks like an inverted word of psi)
- a modified infinity loop
- a flow and a snake
- a gap which symbolizes change, but also an abstract connection between the start at one end of the line and the end at the other end
- and then snap, silence, entered focus

However, the focus breaks after awhile when my vision (visual and mind) on the sigil began to show numerous blind spots
After that, the sigil lost its form in my focus, I can only visioned it partially somehow, focusing on its complete shape became a little hard
I stop the process after the sigil got "destroyed"
Destroyed as in, it was bombarded by blind spots up to the point that I can't seem to find a meaningful line form at all even when I tried my best to relax and cool down my mind, so I conclude that it's time to rest

The experience I get with this sigil is that it doesn't take much to focus into the sigil and taht the focus come faster than my usual practive, but it also break faster than when I do it with my usual meditation (I used a smiley sticker to train the focus, can't use any candle here, too suspicious)
Dunno if this happened to others though

After my focus break, I tried to focus on the sigil once more, but it was a little hard, too many thoughts flying around in my head somehow, though I don't really know what I was thinking, there was just too many flows inside my mind

That's my review of the sigil
I'll try the sigil one more time later this evening, maybe I'll experience something different on my next attempt

Thx
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:12:33 PM by ezpero »

October 25, 2010, 02:51:43 AM
Reply #7

Violet

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
A few questions,

The medium doesn't matter, so you can draw it, print it to paper, look at it on a computer screen, or even just picture it in your head.
Did you try it out with different mediums? What medium did the experiment/control group use?

Quote from: TakeV
Mean time it took to gain focus for the control group:           13.5 Minutes.
Mean time it took to gain focus for the experimental group:  0.94 Minutes.
How did you measure how long it took for people to 'gain focus'?

October 25, 2010, 09:54:32 AM
Reply #8

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
Thanks for the Sigil, I will try it tonight. May I suggest another experiment? I have heard you can actually bind constructs to different words and motions. I know that much of qi gong is predicated on this practice, though it does not employ constructs. I would like make an attempt to bind a construct to a word, but I am not sufficiently skilled. Would you be interested in trying something along these lines? Perhaps a shielding construct?

I am not currently making or running other construct experiments, at the moment, sorry. Too busy with other projects, and the next in this series.

A few questions,

The medium doesn't matter, so you can draw it, print it to paper, look at it on a computer screen, or even just picture it in your head.
Did you try it out with different mediums? What medium did the experiment/control group use?

Quote from: TakeV
Mean time it took to gain focus for the control group:           13.5 Minutes.
Mean time it took to gain focus for the experimental group:  0.94 Minutes.
How did you measure how long it took for people to 'gain focus'?

1) Most used the screen/picture it in their heads. I personally tested it with various mediums.

2) Ask them. Given the vast differences in results between the two groups, this was sufficient.

October 25, 2010, 11:47:43 AM
Reply #9

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Hey TakeV, this is some great work. I hope that you keep going with this.

-k

November 09, 2010, 06:33:18 AM
Reply #10

Somnios

• Settling In

• View Profile
Just curious question coming from ignorance,would this sigil lose its power the more people that use it? Or perhaps could it become stronger due to more people affirming it?

November 09, 2010, 11:12:34 PM
Reply #11

TakeV

• Veritas Council
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Mad Scientist

• View Profile
Just curious question coming from ignorance,would this sigil lose its power the more people that use it? Or perhaps could it become stronger due to more people affirming it?

It is designed to maintain it's effectiveness no matter how many people use it.

February 28, 2011, 10:12:03 AM
Reply #12

starseed

• Settling In

• View Profile
what an awesome symbol. not only good for focus, but also very relaxing. look forward to meditating with it more soon.

March 21, 2011, 03:03:25 PM
Reply #13

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
due to the fact i am on a phone i cant see the image of the sigil, and my scan of the page tells me the sigil is the greecian symbol for psi but i read the description on the first page and i just want to know if that is right, b,c or if it looks like bent out s through an i   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.

March 21, 2011, 03:13:50 PM
Reply #14

supadude

• Posts By Osmosis

• Super Villain

• View Profile
or a backwards bent out s through an i , i know i cant completly trust my results b,c of the contaminating info on the first page of the the thread, im kind of sure its the psi sym. like the psipog sym. b,c that was mw reaction when i read the first post b4 i read the next posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnA8GUtXpXY&feature=player_embedded
A must see study for all!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVWUFDDyAHmC2k1m2rnGvQw
My youtube channel

The proud owner of the 200,000th post made on Veritas.