Author Topic: A gift from the gods.  (Read 2222 times)

March 23, 2004, 04:21:42 PM
Read 2222 times

The Samoth

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I have talk to thousands of magick user's, spions and christians of the years and it seem the about all of the most dedicated followers of there deities are givin specail abilities. The christians have the miriclas and healing powers of the saints, the calling of the holy spirit the ability to speak in toungs and my oth thing i do not yet know about. Many wicans eventualy divelup a almost natural senceitivty to magickal energies, have the ability to invoke there god and goddess. Followers of my religion tend to gain spionic abilities such as empathy, telepathy, so on and so forth. I dont know about other divine powers granted by other deities so if anyone knows any lets here um and disscuss them gracfully and respectfully.
She is the mother of the true mind and i her son. She is wisdom, my life, my goddess. She give's love to all who love her just as strongly as she respects all. She will show you the way And so will i though her. She can show you everything.
                            Silephthyn

March 23, 2004, 05:52:46 PM
Reply #1

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
Check out my book. I list all of the major ones there. The link is below, in my signature. But my recommendation is not to concern yourself with them.
People only see what they are prepared to see.

Give all to love; obey thy heart.

Insist on yourself; never imitate... Every great man is unique.

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

March 25, 2004, 09:49:47 AM
Reply #2

The Samoth

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Hmm why dont you just post it here so that people that are on at school can read it without it being block by bess. I would really apreseat it.
She is the mother of the true mind and i her son. She is wisdom, my life, my goddess. She give's love to all who love her just as strongly as she respects all. She will show you the way And so will i though her. She can show you everything.
                            Silephthyn

March 25, 2004, 12:40:58 PM
Reply #3

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nightrundesigns.com/jp/linx/modules/tutorials/viewtutorial.php?tid=25
From my book:

"From the freeing of mind, come various powers. Threw awareness, the psychic centers (charkas) start to develop and open. The no-mind, now having very little to no thoughts (or not identifying with thoughts), develops a certain "thought power". One soon begins to realize the mind and how it operates from his awareness and detachment from it. The powers often known today as "siddhis" come to anyone on the spiritual path, for he is becoming free.

They are very easy to come about. All they are is basic rules that regulate the universe. Once the mind's burdens start to lighten, hidden things it has long forgotten begin to appear. This is the siddhis. The come as of out of nowhere. One morning you may wake up, and posses one, and the next morning another. It depends.

All you have to see is the workings behind the means. And you will. Everyone on the spiritual path does. Nothing remains hidden; things open up on their own accord. Once you are empty, then everything is. Nothing is no longer hiding anything, everything is open to you; you are open to everything.

For sake of argument, I will list the siddhis, the 8 main ones, and their branches:

Anima: to decrease the size of one's body and become smaller than the smallest particle. Through this siddhi one may enter into anything or change the density in one's body, allowing one to pass through solid matter. It comes threw realizing that oneself extends to the reaches of the smallest.

Mahima/Garima: the body can be made to be very heavy. Also, this is having the ability to increase one size to infinite heights. It comes threw realizing that oneself extends to the reaches of infinity.

Laghima: the body can be made to be extremely light. With this siddhi, it is said one can fly and enter into the substance of anything. It comes threw realization and understanding of the "upward force", Udana or life current.

Prapti: ability to acquire objects of sense pertaining to a particular organ. This is the ability to manifest any object one desires within one's hand. This siddhi removes the limitations of space, which seemingly separate two objects from each other. It comes threw realizing of space, and the body's connection to it.

Manojava: the body can travel at the speed of thought to any place.

Prakamya: The ability to attain anything one desires.

Ishita: The ability to control the sub-potencies of the laws of nature. This enables one to control various energies and seemingly defy the laws of nature.

Prakaashya: to see invisible things in other realms. It comes through realization that you are not limited by the senses.

Parachittadyabhijnata: knowledge of dreams and the mind.

Ishitaa: to stimulate bodies and creatures Control of forces of nature. It comes threw realizing that oneself is not the body.

Swachchandamrutyu: to die at one's own will, death having no control over one.

Haadi Vidya: hunger, thirst, grief, sorrow, infatuation, delusion and confusion of the mind, old age and death do not harm the body. One does not need food to live, and can decide time of death (of the body).

Kaadi Vidya: control of effect of fire, wind, water, poisons, weapons, and the sun.

Antardhana: Invisibility

Vashita: to have control over the senses. It comes threw realizing the power behind the senses are the real "sense", and not the sheath itself. For example, one can hear things far away; see things far away, etc.

Parakayapravesh: ability to enter into another's body, whether they are dead or alive.

Advandvam: to be beyond pleasure-pain, cold-heat, soft or hard. Non-duality.

Satya-vak: the ability to say things that are unobstructed. With this, one's word is truth. By saying something, it happens.

Yatkamastadavasyati: To obtain infinite joy by willing it so. This is the end of misery and desire. This is considered to be the highest state of bliss, but also a siddhi because it can become an attachment.

These properly all seem impossible, but I am telling you that they are real. They are as real as anything you make out to be. Once people thought it was impossible to reach the moon; yet we have done it. They thought it was impossible to fly, yet two brothers proved the world wrong. Nothing is impossible, only limited. But by what you say? By your understanding alone. That is all.

If you move beyond the bodies, if you move beyond all you think and thought you were, you reach a point where you can control that which once was the imprisonment. You are now in a state from where you can control anything you wish. Just by the thought that you want to fly; you fly. If you want to be small, you will become small. If you want to become heavy, you can be heavy.

There are at least one hundred more siddhis. I have heard of such a stupid siddhi; having the ability to pull chocolate out of the sand. What good is this!? Will this help you see your inner being or just some cheap magic trick? Just because you can do it, doesn't mean that you have to, or should do it. In fact, a person who has attained to his utmost of being, for what will he think to become extremely large or small? Why? He can't be so ridiculous. Why would he shape shift into anything, why would he float around? What is the point in it? He cannot be interested in amusing people whatsoever. He is not a magician. He is not interested in anyone applauding him for something that he has not done. For what reason? In fact the moment a man reaches the zenith of his being, all desires disappear. Only then does the real treasure reveal itself."

Speak what you think today in words as hard as cannon-balls and tomorrow speak what tomorrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said today.[/I]
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

March 29, 2004, 10:02:27 AM
Reply #4

The Samoth

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
?
From what deity are these abilities obtained?
                            Silephthyn

March 29, 2004, 04:00:59 PM
Reply #5

Neti Neti

• Veritas Furniture

• he-who-posts-lots

• Personal Text
    he-who-posts-lots
    • View Profile
Pick. They are thousands of them. But my advice is to not worry yourself with them, or the "god" associated with them. Insted, become a God yourself.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Place Of Heart Board

April 01, 2004, 10:21:39 AM
Reply #6

The Samoth

• A Veritas Regular

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
I do not wish to become a god but if it happed then... :D
                            Silephthyn