Author Topic: A Formless Construct  (Read 8962 times)

May 05, 2009, 10:35:29 AM
Read 8962 times

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
A Formless Construct

Introduction

As psions we have at our complete disposal an energy that follows our intent whatever it may be, this energy is psi. By our intent and actualization we give psi structure, form, and charge it such that it will carry out actions, and we call this a construct. We often believe this form and structure to be essential to the function of the construct however it will often only work against the inherent advantages of the energy. This article seeks to propose the advantages of a construct that requires no physically defined form.

Suggested Practice/Skill set

This article is intended for a skilled practitioner of psionics, if any sections are found to be lacking in explanation it is up to the practitioner to acquire the information themselves (this may also be a sign that you are not yet sufficiently skilled enough to use this information). All complexities of construct creation and the nature of psi must be understood with clarity before the practitioner should attempt to use the information within this article.

In review

Before any new information within this article is brought up it is important to go over the basic information that verifies it.

Psi
Psi, the energy, is something that we as conscious souls can control. Psi can affect the physical domain but the physical domain has no effect on psi. Psi is not something we can necessarily 'touch' but it can generate physical force. Psi interacts with the physical though is not bound by physical barriers such as distance or time, thus it can be anywhere and everywhere at any time. Through intent and actualization we as conscious souls can use psi to facilitate change in the physical domain, furthermore through the same process we can make it so that the energy will operate in accordance with our intent at later times or whenever we need it to, and this is a construct in it most basic form.

This last statement is of importance because it shows that a construct is, in the simplest terms, intent carried out by psi over time. At no point in time has it ever been stated that the physical definitions of a construct are essential to the constructs functioning, and in fact the opposite is the truth. Psi, charged with intent and proper expectation, will carry out intent as psi alone, unshaped and undefined.

The Conceptual Domain
The conceptual domain holds all information, everything, and this cannot be overstated. More specifically, and more related to this article, the conceptual domain holds all information regarding every possible construct a person (any person) could create (please see http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=13859.0 also).

Understanding the Construct

If the above section is true it can be said that in many cases of construct formation it is as if we are trying to pass water through a tube and our logic is to freeze it into chunks first, removing the water of it's true advantage. We have control of an energy not restricted by time or space and we choose to remove these great advantages when we give a construct physical form. This is fairly understandable though, for many years of our lives previous to understanding psionics we have only ever interpreted our world in terms of physicality, but to truly excel in psionics and as souls we must come to understand our world in terms of the conceptual and by the perspective of the soul.

To make a worthwhile construct we have to first define what it is we want of the construct, fortunately this is very easily and simply defined. The main function of the construct that we want is for the construct to follow the user's intent and become whatever it needs to become to achieve that intent. As much as this seems like a complicated thing if we understand the nature of psi, the soul, and the conceptual domain it is actually a very easy thing.

We've become used to creating constructs for very specific purposes because we think that it's much easier to manage and maintain such a construct or maybe because we've never known another way. If instead of making individual constructs for individual purposes you could make a construct that was intuitive, highly adaptable, self-modifying, and self-sufficient (such that it requires no help or maintenance) you could use that construct for almost any situation or purpose because it would always change itself to fit your needs.

If we understand the nature of psi, we understand that the construct explained above can be created because we have an energy that carries out our most basic and complex intent regardless of time and requires no shape. Furthermore, we also know all possible constructs that can or would be used for any specific situation exist as easy to acquire information within the conceptual domain (again, see above referenced article) and can be used and created at any time.

Creating a Formless Construct

Like creating any construct the process of forming the intent, gathering the energy, and actualization are necessary in forming this construct, after that point if done properly you should basically never have to alter the construct or willingly change it at any point, the construct will do that on its own.

Hopefully to some people the above section is enough to allow them to understand what is needed to create a functioning formless construct. On the other hand this is not so often the case and in the author's experience it can be easier when creating this type of construct to charge the construct with a more step-by-step intent. The construct not having parts or pieces will instead have simple directions to follow in all situations. The directions are:

1) Understand user's intent

2) Consult conceptual information in reference to what is necessary to best achieve the users intent

3) Become what is necessary to best achieve the user's intent and function to do so

4) Repeat from step 1

The instructions above are of course entirely up to the definition of the user, and if they can find a better way they are encouraged to use it.

As with any other construct you want to form the intent (a construct that does what is stated above), gather the necessary energy, and actualize your intent fully expecting the construct will carry out your intent perfectly at any time you use it.

If made properly we have a construct with no physical definition that cyclically carries out its instructions such that it is always working to assist the user in whatever they intend to do. Knowing too that the psi that comprises the construct is not limited by shape, time, or space it is also clear that the construct is very much capable of becoming whatever is necessary to assist the user in their intent as it references all possible methods of assistance within the conceptual domain. If the construct is capable of referencing the conceptual domain to acquire information this means that at an instant it can become any possible construct that you could possibly need. Whether it be a generator, amplifier, or information processing construct, the construct can become any one of these things, or even something that does all these things at once, near instantaneously, and it will always be with you and changing accordingly every step of the way.

When you are using this construct keep in your mind that you are in fact 'using the construct', as this will create the expectation that the construct is working with you and this will assist in it's functioning. Pay no mind to fact that the construct is changing and modifying itself as you use it, because as much as the construct can change itself into something to help you it can at the same time change into something that seamlessly supplies information on the necessary actions to properly use the construct at the time of its use.

As always, practice and the expectation of success are the best way to achieve the greatest possible outcome.

Considerations for Use

This construct is helpful in almost any situation. When you need a generator the construct can become a generator, if you need a construct to amplify you intent it can become one. Based on the constructs programming what the construct won't do is consistently work on a single goal or intent because the construct is always changing to fit your own intent. When you need a construct that will continually do a specific action (processing information for example) it is best to use a single well defined construct for that. If you wish to preform psionic action where you have no time to properly form a construct or perhaps you are about to preform an exercise where you will need a series of constructs one after the other the construct written about in this article is much more advantageous to use as it can quickly become whatever is needed at the time.

Summation

As much as psionics is about overcoming limits we do not control it is also about identifying self-imposed limits and removing them from our practice and our minds.

May 23, 2009, 11:30:24 AM
Reply #1

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Interesting article, as usual, though this appears to be one of the more "out there" ideas as far as psi goes. To what extent does successfully being able to do this eliminate the need to create other constructs?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 11:34:33 AM by `Nazukarr »
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

May 23, 2009, 02:57:50 PM
Reply #2

kobok

• Tech Team
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Veritas Council
    • View Profile
Interesting article, as usual, though this appears to be one of the more "out there" ideas as far as psi goes. To what extent does successfully being able to do this eliminate the need to create other constructs?

When you learn how to drive a car, you don't totally stop walking.

(Nor is driving a car the final achievement in assisted transportation.)
Latest article:  Construct Dynamics

Want to learn psi?  Check out our collection of psi articles.

May 24, 2009, 11:19:02 AM
Reply #3

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Interesting article, as usual, though this appears to be one of the more "out there" ideas as far as psi goes.

Considering how "out there" psi is to begin with I guess it must be pretty far out.  :)

To what extent does successfully being able to do this eliminate the need to create other constructs?

I think I mention in the article under the section 'Considerations for Use', but the construct is best used in situations where the constructs you would normally use to preform a psionic action or practice only need to be used for the time period you yourself are involved in the action/practice.

Let's say for instance I'm trying to bring about a certain outcome of a die roll through future selection just one time. I would complete this process like any other performance of kinesis, I form the intent, gather the energy, and actualize. If the construct is working properly throughout this process it will be working to assist me with whatever I need to complete the action. As I am forming the intent the construct could be for instance calming my body and prevention distraction from occurring. When I am gathering energy the construct can become a generator and supply me with whatever energy I need. When I am actualizing the construct could become an amplification construct and help to make my intended future selection occur. These are only examples of what can happen though and as each situation is unique the construct will always apply itself in the best possible way it can which will probably be slightly different every time.

At the very least from the above you can see that the construct cuts down on time needed for the whole of the practice and the initial preparatory work that goes into the action/practice before hand, normally you would have to had made all those constructs prior to beginning the action/practice.

Where this construct is limited is when you wish a construct to work on a particular thing for a long period of time, performing the same action or the same set of actions over and over. The construct in the way it's designed is always constantly changing to fit the needs of 'right now'. For instance the construct could not be used to make the health and wellness construct http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=13989.0 as this construct is intended for continued use over a long period of time to slowly and constantly bring about a greater and greater states of health in the body, which it can't do if it's changing every ten seconds.

Much like Kobok said as well you also don't stop creating the initial constructs and formations of psi necessary in our practices once you create the construct. This construct bypasses some of things we normally have to do but it is not some kind of magic ticket that just does everything for you. The construct is useful in many situations but only up until the point at which it stops you from being aware of what you are doing, and for the purpose of learning and growth you should always keep close attention to everything you do. The construct is an application of psionic practice and like any other application it helps us better understand what we are capable of but it is certainly no finale to our learning and development.

Does that clear some things up?

-k
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 11:32:40 AM by Kettle »

May 24, 2009, 03:25:41 PM
Reply #4

`Nazukarr

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Yes that was very helpful. Thanks.
I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

May 24, 2009, 08:00:28 PM
Reply #5

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
Yes that was very helpful. Thanks.

Glad to hear it!

-k

May 24, 2009, 09:33:49 PM
Reply #6

psimaster70

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Atheistic Absurdist
    • View Profile
this sounds plausible, in fact very plausible.  as far as the method, i always had trouble keeping the concept of the  construct in mind while focusing on the intent, in this case you would only be focusing your intent, not so much on the energy, it might make it easier to obtain desired results because you would be focusing on less, hence, more chance of physical results. still, in a deeper way of thinking, it always depends on the individual.
"It is the chiefest point of happiness when a man is willing to be what he is." Desiderius Erasmus.

Tenacity and Cunning, the two prime principles.

In retrospect, every time I've ever gotten revenge, I felt no regret.

"The most beautiful thing on earth." Jim Gaffigan on bacon.

May 24, 2009, 10:33:44 PM
Reply #7

Kettle

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• Frequent poster

• Personal Text
    Frequent poster
    • View Profile
this sounds plausible, in fact very plausible.  as far as the method, i always had trouble keeping the concept of the  construct in mind while focusing on the intent, in this case you would only be focusing your intent, not so much on the energy, it might make it easier to obtain desired results because you would be focusing on less, hence, more chance of physical results. still, in a deeper way of thinking, it always depends on the individual.

Indeed.

-k