Author Topic: Daily Magic Practices II  (Read 89542 times)

May 25, 2008, 07:35:03 PM
Reply #30

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Practice Asana and Pranayama. If done properly, you will never regret it. Read some of Swami Sivananada. For example: Kundalini Yoga, Science of Pranayama, etc. (All of these can be found for free online as an e-book.)

May 26, 2008, 12:43:06 AM
Reply #31

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
If you truly wish to transmute the sexual energies, then you can engage in frequent sarvangasana/sirshasana. These help, particularly if you will it to transmute into Ojas and travel up (down?) the spine at the same time. For any 'sudden' urges you get, I can think of no better method of transmutation that I know of than that provided by Charles Haanel in his co-authored book 'Amazing Secrets of the Yogis.' The performance of it is described thus:

28. Here follows a Pranayama exercise for the Transmutation of the productive Energy. In order to effect a transmission of the reproductive energy either to the solar plexus or to the region of the heart and lungs or to the brain, when the sexual instinct is uuppermost, you should first close the right nostril flow, if you are male, or the left nostril flow if you are female. You may keep the required nostril closed with one of the fingers till you go through the exercise. Stand erect or sit erect with feet placed squarely on the floor and inhale a deep breath through the open nostril. Retaining the breath expand and contract the abdominal regions several times and then exhale. Inhale again through the same nostril and do as before.

29. When you inhale three or four breaths as direction the emotions will be subjugated but now you must transmit the energy to the required region, do this by inhaling another breath and retaining it without expanding or contracting the abdomen, contract or draw in the anus, mentally ordering the energy to be transmitted to the required region. Exhale, and inhale another breath and contract the anus as before. If you have mastered the act of drawing in the anus, you will actually feel the etheric energy which animates the sex organs being drawn up.

May 26, 2008, 02:32:03 AM
Reply #32

helikos

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    beginning practice
    • View Profile
excellent article prophecy. You really have a gift for writing about this subject.

I was just curious, what martial art do you practice, and which martial arts would you consider to be good as supplemental to magical studies?

Also, I was wondering if you could give any mantras relating to the Egyptian deity Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus that I may use during japa, as I tend to identify with him more than Shiva.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
"Through travail to the stars"

"One must find out for oneself, and make sure beyond doubt, 'who' one is, 'what' one is, 'why' one is."
- Aleister Crowley, Magick in Theory and Practice

May 26, 2008, 05:39:38 AM
Reply #33

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Retaining the breath expand and contract the abdominal regions several times and then exhale. Inhale again through the same nostril and do as before.
Exhale through the nose or the mouth? And how safe is this for someone who doesn't "properly" practice yoga?

If you have mastered the act of drawing in the anus
lol

Edit: Changed "Inhale" to "Exhale" in order to make conversation easier to understand.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:34:25 AM by Raitaro »
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

May 26, 2008, 06:28:59 AM
Reply #34

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Inhale through the nose or the mouth? And how safe is this for someone who doesn't "properly" practice yoga?

Does your mouth have a nostril? :P All breathing in that exercise is through the nose, one nostril specifically, either all the time through the left for a male, or all the time through the right for a female. That is a safe practice IMO for any person who doesn't go to excesses and is cautious...i.e. someone who squeezes their belly in and out too tightly or too much with a retained breath is an idiot who will probably cause damage to their lungs. The most important part is the moola-bandh ('drawing up the anus') with the Will. It is drawn to the different areas for different reasons, which a person can discern what he wants, or needs at any time, or may need in the future. Drawing to the solar plexus auguments general bodily health, vitality, willpower and such. Drawing to the brain promotes mental faculties like thinking, concentration, memory etc.

To the heart I am not sure, as I have never bothered myself with that and it is actually not as common a practice, normally only the solar plexus and brain are mentioned. Although I suppose one can raise it to all of the chakras if one wished (though normally above the lower two considering they will just be re-emptied into the sexual organs fairly quickly in all likelihood). I'd assume to the heart would lead to things such as becoming more loving in general, and a more encompassing consciousness though.

May 26, 2008, 06:38:32 AM
Reply #35

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Can energy be transmitted to multiple chakras over different times or would this "divide the effects" so much as to make them unnoticeable?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:44:45 AM by Raitaro »
The IneptInitiate

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

May 26, 2008, 07:46:49 AM
Reply #36

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
excellent article prophecy. You really have a gift for writing about this subject.

Yes, yes he does.

I was just curious, what martial art do you practice, and which martial arts would you consider to be good as supplemental to magical studies?

This was answered in the thread of his other article, Magic as a Divine Science. Here is the quote:

I was just wondering, which martial art do you find the most beneficial to aid in magical training?

Any martial art will help, because all martial arts develop an alignment of the body with the mind and allow for the cultivation of mental discipline.  If I had to guess which ones might help most towards that goal, probably traditional Kung Fu and Japanese Aikido. 

As a side note, to more specifically answer your question: I believe that he practices and teaches both Aikido and Karate. I cannot help you with your last question.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 07:52:47 AM by Hech »

May 26, 2008, 07:56:40 AM
Reply #37

Rawiri

• Veritas Teacher
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Wandering Nomad

• Personal Text
    Veritas Teacher
    • View Profile
Yes. The Ojas can be direct to multiple chakras at different time periods, depending on what you believe is needed most. Of course, if you were to draw purely to one area then you would get a much more powerful manifestation. But the effects, when it has been practiced for a small time, are practically noticeable immediately. Though it is best to use the will to transmute it to only one in a session.

May 26, 2008, 01:33:02 PM
Reply #38

WolfRaider

• Settling In

• View Profile
Very well, thank you for your answers.

You said that listening to music is detrimental as it can cause constant "playing" in the head after listening. I suppose one can freely listen to music after being more trained, having more disciplined thoughts and all that. But since I cannot say that I have trained my thoughts to that extent, I am unsure on what to do. I don't think I can just stop playing music and throw away all those years of studying and training. Should I work with music less or should I actually stop entirely?

I suppose that if I wake up at 4am I won't have any music playing in my inner ear...

On another note, I am going to make a japa mala by making 108 knots on a long string. I suppose it is the same, or is there a special purpose in using the beads?
Quod in corde sobrii, id in lingua ebrii.

May 26, 2008, 01:51:05 PM
Reply #39

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The beads hold intrinsic value, and they are beautiful to use devotionally. Certain beads are good for certain mantras. They can have rich histories and great importance. They hold individual purposes. For now, using knots is probably fine. If you feel led and romantically inclined out of bhakti, go ahead and buy some beads.

Cutting out music is an absolutely huge help. I know somebody who is somewhat addicted to music and listens to it all of the time. Cutting out music for him would help tremendously. Even for other people, lessening the amount of music that you hear can help a lot. I personally have now lost interest in most music. If you can, cut it down a bit. I still practice, play, and sometimes perform classical guitar with no problem.

May God Light your Path,
Namaste

May 26, 2008, 01:57:47 PM
Reply #40

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
You don't need beads, it is essentially just a tool. It just helps keep count.
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 26, 2008, 07:31:26 PM
Reply #41

YHSHV

• Settling In

• View Profile
Thank you for the help!!! :D

I will have to try these exercises!

May 27, 2008, 06:42:48 AM
Reply #42

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Here's a little tip `Zephyr gave me if you don't have a mala. There are 12  points on your fingers you can use for counting. The first four are the knuckles, then you move up to the finger joint and then to the joint below the nails. You coun't all fingers on one hand excluding the thumb. Then you have 12.
 For 108 repititions you must chant 12 sets of 9. Thusly, start on the first knuckle of your left hand, that'll be your first set. Count along the points described on your right hand until you reach 9 (the bit below the nail on your first finger). Once you reach here start with the second knuckle on your left hand. Continue in this fashion until you've exhausted all these points.
 It takes a bit of getting used to but it helped me a great deal.

To reiterate. Perfect way to keep count if you don't own prayer beads or anything similar.
The IneptInitiate

May 29, 2008, 11:40:28 AM
Reply #43

Wushi

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    Om Namah Shivaya
    • View Profile
Prophecy, I was just wondering about Namah Japa on Shiva,

The mantra is simple: "Om Namah Shivaya."  It means roughly "I surrender to Shiva."

The mantra is pronounced phonetically as either "nah-mah shee-vai-yah" or "nah-mah-hah shee-vai" depending on which dialect it is being spoken in.

Do you vibrate Om when doing the Japa or leave it out and just Namah Shivaya? And why exactly, wouldn't it be more efficient to use the full mantra?

Thanks alot
Konx Om Pax

May 29, 2008, 01:50:51 PM
Reply #44

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
The mantra comes in two forms: Namah Shivaya and Om Namah Shivaya. I chant the latter. It may have been reserved for renunciants to do so, but Sivananda says that it is alright for everybody. Prophecy meant to chant, "Om Namah Shivaya," and was simply assuming that you already knew how to chant the sacred monosyllable: AUM.