Author Topic: 2012 doomsday  (Read 35863 times)

May 02, 2008, 06:47:23 AM
Reply #30

zpo

• A Veritas Regular

• View Profile

May 02, 2008, 07:11:33 AM
Reply #31

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: firelord_marshall
Anyway, the earth lies on the rout of parashun, the dimensional rift link pathway between all or a set limit of planets. I'm pretty sure the rout of parashun covers 35% of the milky way galaxy, in which the rout of allakhadun passes through mars, jupiter and possibly venus...

*** other nonsense ***

... The seal of void consummation, it speaks for itself. This is "The Age of the Mark of the Beast." and such things.

Well, in the age of the paradigm shift, 2012-2037, a lot of things are going to happen. The naked eye is easily deceived. Prophecies of a shadow, fall upon deaf ears...
There are two descriptions for this: the result of an overactive imagination, and a fantasy/sci-fi nightmare. This kind of nonsense would flop at box offices, let alone reality. Seriously, what is your basis for believing such imaginings? What proof do you have for any of this? Why is the universe going to forget all sensibility and succumb to this ridiculousness? If you try and use the "well science doesn't know everything and we haven't proven it isn't true" or other similar defenses, I will preempt you and use the "well done, but simultaneously we can't assume that our convoluted conceptions of this fantastical 'astral realm' are true and will result in such a preposterous tale, nor am I any more arrogant for assuming it isn't true, as you are assuming, based on a very limited understanding, that you know the way the universe works without having left this planet and experienced it or any more than your own singular, incomplete lifetime" response.

Quote from: zpo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar
Right, and from that we get:
Quote from: Wikipedia
The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a mis-interpretation.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#cite_note-11

Now seriously, can we let this idiocy die quietly and forget about the 2k bug... Wait, 2012 doomsday. Well, what does it matter, they're both as likely to happen, much less result in COSMIC DISASTER (tm) as one another.
My WordPress Blog is updated regularly.
NEW UPDATE: Life begins at conception: A thought experiment (29/08/2012)

May 02, 2008, 01:44:29 PM
Reply #32

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
firelord_marshall--I will admit some of what you say is somewhat familiar to other things I've heard--but where did you get all that from? What's your source for that conclusion?

Most of the information I've found regarding the subject is from channelers--but I've always felt iffy about the way channelers work since it's hard to tell who their channeling, and if he's telling the truth.

Faijer--We don't have to let the subject die, since it is a somewhat interesting subject (for all of the crazy RPGers making up cool stories, if nothing else).

And besides that, something is going to happen in 2012 anyway--there are a lot of differences between this and the y2k thing, so I for one am at least interested in learning the possibilities.

~:Shin:~
~:Completed the 2013 Qi Gong Study Group:~

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

May 02, 2008, 01:55:15 PM
Reply #33

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Shinichi: Yes, something will happen. A lot of people who believe something epic will happen are going to be very disappointed or relieved. That is all.

Why not stop trying to predict what will happen, wasting your time in the process because ultimately what will happen will happen whether you know what it is or not, and go out and live your life? Then you can come back to the subject on December 21st 2012 without anticipating your right to say "I told you so!" (because let's face it, that's what all this theorising comes down to, the ability to say you were right), and you can go on with your life, safe in the knowledge that all of these supposedly significant dates, predicted in calendars thousands of years ago by people far more primitive than us, are just ordinary days.

May 02, 2008, 01:59:15 PM
Reply #34

Kichara

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Row, Row, Row Your Boat
    • View Profile
    • Check it Out.
Faijer, you are not going to convince anyone to be at peace with what will happen will happen with an annoyed tone. Just don't argue it, people like to think about the Future. Why stop them if they aren't ready to realize it themselves?
Hey, whats up?

Please vote in my poll:
http://forums.vsociety.net/index.php?topic=12212.0

May 02, 2008, 02:07:25 PM
Reply #35

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook
Shinichi: Yes, something will happen. A lot of people who believe something epic will happen are going to be very disappointed or relieved. That is all.

Why not stop trying to predict what will happen, wasting your time in the process because ultimately what will happen will happen whether you know what it is or not, and go out and live your life? Then you can come back to the subject on December 21st 2012 without anticipating your right to say "I told you so!" (because let's face it, that's what all this theorising comes down to, the ability to say you were right), and you can go on with your life, safe in the knowledge that all of these supposedly significant dates, predicted in calendars thousands of years ago by people far more primitive than us, are just ordinary days.

For some people it may be about the "I told you so", but I only have one reason for participating in this--The truth. I've also said elsewhere that piecing bits and pieces of information together in order to find out the truth (especially regarding big things, like this) is a personal hobby of mine, its a game to me--nothing more, nothing less.

Whether something epic will happen or not, I don't know. I do know that a lot of people have felt significant things connected to 2012, including myself and my friends--and as someone else said here, and others have said elsewhere, there are even some remote viewing problems connected to 2012. Maybe the year will come and go with everyone relieved and happy, maybe not--I just have fun thinking about it.

"There is no such thing as Impossible, it's merely a matter of understanding the mechanisms by which the Will can be made manifest into an objective reality." -- The Wise.

May 02, 2008, 03:29:30 PM
Reply #36

Faijer

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Existential Pragmatist

• Personal Text
    The Devil's Advocate
    • View Profile
    • WordPress Blog
Quote from: Shinichi
For some people it may be about the "I told you so", but I only have one reason for participating in this--The truth. I've also said elsewhere that piecing bits and pieces of information together in order to find out the truth (especially regarding big things, like this) is a personal hobby of mine, its a game to me--nothing more, nothing less.
The easiest way to discover the truth is to wait. Whether you manage to find any shred of evidence to support any of your hypothesis is really besides the point, because whatever happens you will still have to wait to see if you are right. So if you think about it, doing it for THE TRUTH (tm) is a fairly weak reason, based on unsound reasoning.

Whether something epic will happen or not, I don't know. I do know that a lot of people have felt significant things connected to 2012, including myself and my friends--and as someone else said here, and others have said elsewhere, there are even some remote viewing problems connected to 2012. Maybe the year will come and go with everyone relieved and happy, maybe not--I just have fun thinking about it.
Has it occurred to you that these people, if they are able to remote view the future at all, may be having difficulty because of their own expectations that it will be difficult? That they are all sensing 'things' there because they are expecting 'things' to be there. If I go into a physical training test or an exam convinced I'm going to fail, I will undoubtedly perform worse than if I believed in myself. But belief isn't, as most people should know, as simple as saying "I can do it". Belief goes deep, and these people may be so rooted in their beliefs that they will never be able to see anything but what they have convinced themselves is there.

May 02, 2008, 03:49:56 PM
Reply #37

Shinichi

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Eternal Student
    • View Profile
    • A Wolfe's Notebook

The easiest way to discover the truth is to wait. Whether you manage to find any shred of evidence to support any of your hypothesis is really besides the point, because whatever happens you will still have to wait to see if you are right. So if you think about it, doing it for THE TRUTH (tm) is a fairly weak reason, based on unsound reasoning.

This is exactly how the game works for me--I read tons of different sources regarding subjects like this that interest me, piece the similarities together to make a theory that makes a little sense to me, and then wait and see if I'm right. It's a game of predicting the truth before the truth comes to pass, whether I'm right or wrong ultimately doesn't mean much to me--it's a game, and I enjoy playing it for my own enjoyment. 'Tis as simple as that.

Has it occurred to you that these people, if they are able to remote view the future at all, may be having difficulty because of their own expectations that it will be difficult? That they are all sensing 'things' there because they are expecting 'things' to be there. If I go into a physical training test or an exam convinced I'm going to fail, I will undoubtedly perform worse than if I believed in myself. But belief isn't, as most people should know, as simple as saying "I can do it". Belief goes deep, and these people may be so rooted in their beliefs that they will never be able to see anything but what they have convinced themselves is there.

That's a possibility as well, but while were on belief--isn't it possible that via the law of attraction, the mere fact that everyone is expecting something just might make something happen? And if it does work out like that, then doesn't the law of attraction work based on the strongest beliefs? Then who at the end is going to have the stronger thought--You and people like you, who believe it's going to be just another year; or the people who are expecting something epic? And if it is an epic event, which one will it be (there are A LOT of theories out there)?

Trying to see how things might not happen is good--it's a skill I tend to lack. But it's also good to see how things might happen, since sometimes the impossible can become possible. Just look at the theme of this very site, and how many people don't believe in this stuff simply because they don't know how it works... To them, this is all impossible. To us (or well, to me), it's a way of life.

May 03, 2008, 04:49:31 AM
Reply #38

firelord_marshall

• Settling In

• View Profile
firelord_marshall--I will admit some of what you say is somewhat familiar to other things I've heard--but where did you get all that from? What's your source for that conclusion?

Most of the information I've found regarding the subject is from channelers--but I've always felt iffy about the way channelers work since it's hard to tell who their channeling, and if he's telling the truth.

Faijer--We don't have to let the subject die, since it is a somewhat interesting subject (for all of the crazy RPGers making up cool stories, if nothing else).

And besides that, something is going to happen in 2012 anyway--there are a lot of differences between this and the y2k thing, so I for one am at least interested in learning the possibilities.

Sadly, my basis for the conclusion is what I've seen beyond the hourglass, beyond the seals the hourglass weeps behind.

But anyway, the whole take with 5000 grains of salt isn't really a rule, you can take as many grains of salt as you want with it!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:57:14 AM by firelord_marshall »

May 03, 2008, 04:53:06 AM
Reply #39

firelord_marshall

• Settling In

• View Profile
Quote from: firelord_marshall
Anyway, the earth lies on the rout of parashun, the dimensional rift link pathway between all or a set limit of planets. I'm pretty sure the rout of parashun covers 35% of the milky way galaxy, in which the rout of allakhadun passes through mars, jupiter and possibly venus...

*** other nonsense ***

... The seal of void consummation, it speaks for itself. This is "The Age of the Mark of the Beast." and such things.

Well, in the age of the paradigm shift, 2012-2037, a lot of things are going to happen. The naked eye is easily deceived. Prophecies of a shadow, fall upon deaf ears...
There are two descriptions for this: the result of an overactive imagination, and a fantasy/sci-fi nightmare. This kind of nonsense would flop at box offices, let alone reality. Seriously, what is your basis for believing such imaginings? What proof do you have for any of this? Why is the universe going to forget all sensibility and succumb to this ridiculousness? If you try and use the "well science doesn't know everything and we haven't proven it isn't true" or other similar defenses, I will preempt you and use the "well done, but simultaneously we can't assume that our convoluted conceptions of this fantastical 'astral realm' are true and will result in such a preposterous tale, nor am I any more arrogant for assuming it isn't true, as you are assuming, based on a very limited understanding, that you know the way the universe works without having left this planet and experienced it or any more than your own singular, incomplete lifetime" response.

Quote from: zpo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar
Right, and from that we get:
Quote from: Wikipedia
The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a mis-interpretation.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#cite_note-11

Now seriously, can we let this idiocy die quietly and forget about the 2k bug... Wait, 2012 doomsday. Well, what does it matter, they're both as likely to happen, much less result in COSMIC DISASTER (tm) as one another.

Attempting to talk circles around my point doesn't make it any less valid or invalid, can't you just take it objectively rather than a hurdling object coming at you 5000 miles per hour in which you need to speak as many phonetically charged laser beams at it as possible to turn it into some sort of fail blob? It's not very interesting having a one sided argument to say the least...

May 03, 2008, 05:18:24 AM
Reply #40

firelord_marshall

• Settling In

• View Profile
Ancient castles forlorn to the touch of mankind, sitting under the sea, lost culture of Atlantis. Seal of 5 ancient beings, death of 9 prophets, blood is spilled among these afformentioned castles. Intense words of the 7th who escaped for 5 hours. Found in woods with creatures surrounding him, blade of iron forged 3 years before the day of the act which killed the 7th prophet! Scriptures burned in fire, silver tongues in mouths which laugh! The scriptures burn, smoke of deadly will turns silver tongues to rust and ash!

Revenge of the creatures who cast upon the death of their own empire. No more numbers, numbers fail to provide at this time when all is becoming one lost in history. Water forms with flame, steam seal of the technology drowning in the sea! Open up the portal! Portal to the paradigm! Open it, please. We are losing faith.. we are losing faith..

Numbers of the beast, spoken to the shadows. Shadows of the dark one, dark one lies in void space. Void space exists, in the paradigm. This makes sense, to all who've heard the poet speak...

Poetry I fail to speak, so fluently in times of doubt, where art thou tongue of silver, does it lie in fields of ash?

Let the words of tommorow beckon the wisps of air we know as today, let it release, just this once, I want to prove my sanity..

Cloaked scales of Septireth's empire, shall I speak it now? Shall I wait for morrow's brow, dawning once again? Non. Parle Vous je tucket sheer. I do not wish to speak that now. Four, eight, twelve, ninety six. I said I would not speak numbers, but fate lies in patterns we cannot deny, or ignore, that is when the blindfold tightens, squeezing foresight from your eyes. Do you see the failure now, failure to compare? Failure to learn from ancient times which exist now, in minds of old? Minds of those who know not truth, nor sane words of the science, youth, is forgotten, on apple trees, we need to learn, from apple seeds...

I wish not to sound queer, although it is true that we must, albeit not readily, rely on past knowledge to guide us forward, is it not? My eyes can see, much better now. Clearing such, ridicules of the false prophet from my mind, sharper daggers pierce the soul, daggers of your own creation, which bring about your own demise. That is all I wish to speak, I've done my part here, farewell.

May 04, 2008, 01:26:10 PM
Reply #41

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
A short history of human civilization (all dates are approximate, and some are probably wrong since I'm doing this off the top of my head >_>):

50,000 BCE - 5,000 BCE. The rise to existance of "modern" mankind. "Pre-History"; few known accounts of written documents at around 5000 BCE. Pre-Civilization; hunter-gatherer mode.

5000 BCE - Present. Civilization; agriculture is used to allow people to stay in one place for generations at a time. With this, technology and science begin to develop, though almost wholly intertwined with mysticism and spiritual beliefs as well as observations, some of which are interpreted for the phenomenon they are and others misinterpreted for phenomenon that they are not. Various cultures throughout history have warred with one another, or themselves, done stupid things, migrated, expanded, died off, and continued in their learning about themselves and the world around them. Travesties befall us: some of us die, others live. Life struggles onward.

2012. Just another year in the many billions of years that this one planet, Earth, has existed, like one grain of sand out of billions of grains of sand, on one seashore out of millions of seashores the world over. It will come, and it will go, and time will continue as people look forward to then-future predictions and guesses about then-future disasters, developments, and miracles - just as we have done for, at least, thousands of years.

Missing eternity, people look to the here and now, with fear and hope mingled together to create crazy guesses as to what shall happen next.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 04, 2008, 02:41:56 PM
Reply #42

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Ancient castles forlorn to the touch of mankind, sitting under the sea, lost culture of Atlantis. Seal of 5 ancient beings, death of 9 prophets, blood is spilled among these afformentioned castles. Intense words of the 7th who escaped for 5 hours. Found in woods with creatures surrounding him, blade of iron forged 3 years before the day of the act which killed the 7th prophet! Scriptures burned in fire, silver tongues in mouths which laugh! The scriptures burn, smoke of deadly will turns silver tongues to rust and ash!

Revenge of the creatures who cast upon the death of their own empire. No more numbers, numbers fail to provide at this time when all is becoming one lost in history. Water forms with flame, steam seal of the technology drowning in the sea! Open up the portal! Portal to the paradigm! Open it, please. We are losing faith.. we are losing faith..

Numbers of the beast, spoken to the shadows. Shadows of the dark one, dark one lies in void space. Void space exists, in the paradigm. This makes sense, to all who've heard the poet speak...

Poetry I fail to speak, so fluently in times of doubt, where art thou tongue of silver, does it lie in fields of ash?

Let the words of tommorow beckon the wisps of air we know as today, let it release, just this once, I want to prove my sanity..

Cloaked scales of Septireth's empire, shall I speak it now? Shall I wait for morrow's brow, dawning once again? Non. Parle Vous je tucket sheer. I do not wish to speak that now. Four, eight, twelve, ninety six. I said I would not speak numbers, but fate lies in patterns we cannot deny, or ignore, that is when the blindfold tightens, squeezing foresight from your eyes. Do you see the failure now, failure to compare? Failure to learn from ancient times which exist now, in minds of old? Minds of those who know not truth, nor sane words of the science, youth, is forgotten, on apple trees, we need to learn, from apple seeds...

I wish not to sound queer, although it is true that we must, albeit not readily, rely on past knowledge to guide us forward, is it not? My eyes can see, much better now. Clearing such, ridicules of the false prophet from my mind, sharper daggers pierce the soul, daggers of your own creation, which bring about your own demise. That is all I wish to speak, I've done my part here, farewell.

I do believe you need to put WoWC away for some time.

May 04, 2008, 04:09:59 PM
Reply #43

Bad Warrior

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
A short history of human civilization (all dates are approximate, and some are probably wrong since I'm doing this off the top of my head >_>):

50,000 BCE - 5,000 BCE. The rise to existance of "modern" mankind. "Pre-History"; few known accounts of written documents at around 5000 BCE. Pre-Civilization; hunter-gatherer mode.

5000 BCE - Present. Civilization; agriculture is used to allow people to stay in one place for generations at a time. With this, technology and science begin to develop, though almost wholly intertwined with mysticism and spiritual beliefs as well as observations, some of which are interpreted for the phenomenon they are and others misinterpreted for phenomenon that they are not. Various cultures throughout history have warred with one another, or themselves, done stupid things, migrated, expanded, died off, and continued in their learning about themselves and the world around them. Travesties befall us: some of us die, others live. Life struggles onward.

2012. Just another year in the many billions of years that this one planet, Earth, has existed, like one grain of sand out of billions of grains of sand, on one seashore out of millions of seashores the world over. It will come, and it will go, and time will continue as people look forward to then-future predictions and guesses about then-future disasters, developments, and miracles - just as we have done for, at least, thousands of years.

Missing eternity, people look to the here and now, with fear and hope mingled together to create crazy guesses as to what shall happen next.

~Steve
10000 bc - first documented settlement
Lakes have as short lifes compared to earth as flies compared to us. Just about 10000 years. Humans are going to become extinct at least in 2000 years  :) 
In vino veritas!

May 04, 2008, 04:22:34 PM
Reply #44

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
With everyone speaking of the end no one would be left to make the end.
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon