Author Topic: 2012 doomsday  (Read 35862 times)

February 26, 2009, 10:33:37 PM
Reply #165

The Circle Of Life

• A Familiar Feature

• Personal Text
    An Example, Only An Example
    • View Profile
word.
live free or die!

February 27, 2009, 10:30:20 AM
Reply #166

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

March 04, 2009, 04:51:14 PM
Reply #167

YHSHV

• Settling In

• View Profile
Lets take it from the Mayans, shall we?  :biggrin:

"Inscriptions beyond 2012"
Maya stelae occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of "distance dates", where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on the Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque the following Long Count date was found: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (March 24, 603 Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol,[10] or October 21, 4772 almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession will be celebrated, suggesting he did not believe the world would end in 2012.[11]"

See? What we have here, is a failure, TO COMMUNICATE, the calender doesn't end at all.  Its the ignorance of people that whenever they here something they never heard before, that it absolutely MUST be true.

Hmm.  Silly.

I still miss Fire's poetry though, he was good :D

March 05, 2009, 01:57:01 AM
Reply #168

Gangari

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Respect and Honor
    • View Profile
It's not the date that matters, or an "apocalypse".  It's the hysteria, not a "world is ending" that is freaky about these "coming of the end"s. So I'd say that 2012 is just like 2000.  :cool:
The answer is...

March 05, 2009, 02:19:43 PM
Reply #169

Tankdown

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Hows my logic?
    • View Profile
Why are we depending on ancient calenders to predict the end of the world? I mean really we screwed up constantly  in the past and now were depending on them to predict the end? The seasons alone were annoying not to mention the correct date (such as the whole Oct 16 thing..).

For peace sake people we are had trouble getting the leap year thing down correctly!
To do, become -Myself
<---Little demon

March 12, 2009, 08:17:37 AM
Reply #170

Sethair

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The souls of the True shall always remain strong.
    • View Profile
Why are we depending on ancient calenders to predict the end of the world? I mean really we screwed up constantly  in the past and now were depending on them to predict the end? The seasons alone were annoying not to mention the correct date (such as the whole Oct 16 thing..).

For peace sake people we are had trouble getting the leap year thing down correctly!

Haven't you noticed all the doomsday movies showing up? That must mean the world is going to end! *rolls eyes*
▲ ▲

"We're whalers on the Moon, we carry a harpoon. But there ain't no whales so we tell tall tales and sing our whaling tune"

My Blog 
My Art!!!

March 13, 2009, 03:45:55 AM
Reply #171

Firstlook

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    Im the Devil, if there ever was such a thing
    • View Profile
well......... 2012.........I just hope something, anything, will happen to alter human consciousness.  If not then o well, the beat goes on.  Also I love listening to the predictable predictions of the end of the world and of course the predictable predictions of the predictable that say to only rely on the predictable. Here i am stuck in the middle again. ugh. How old do I feel at 23.  But that is comedy and tragedy of life.  That so sure of each's belief that hardly anyone says "What if" and "Who knows" enough.  Right side of the brain or left? lol.

Trust me.

Your mind goes to dark places, and you wonder why I keep the rest from you.

March 14, 2009, 05:54:36 AM
Reply #172

The Centre

• Settling In

• View Profile
2012 is no doomsday, it can be better described as mass-birthday/awakening.

I believe we are all either asleep, or under the influence of some incredibly intense psychedelic. Read up on the psychedelic Salvia Divinorum. (It is legal btw, so you can use it without worrying about cops.) As psychedelic mystic and magician I have had quite a few experiences with psychedelics. (Only plants, as they have a spirit, and that spirit shows you what it knows. Not to mention psionic and magical powers are GREATLY enhanced through it.)
And I can say that it is quite possible. With the more powerful plant spirits like Ayahuasca and Salvia divinorum (esp salvia.) things feel 100% real, you sometimes (esp with salvia.) forget that you took a psychedelic, and often, with salvia, it is almost exactly like real life. Now, with these things comes what people call "time distortion", that is, the experience feels like an ETERNITY, to really describe it, I would say the experience IS an eternity.
Now, the psychedelic experience is meant for learning and helping people/the world/conciousness. It is for the evolution of conciousness, as is life. So, I believe it is a possibility that we/I (something, someone, or the universe in general.) chose to have an experience as it needed to learn, and here we are, a universe pops up we experience the evolution in this universe. It can be one of many things, the end of this universe, and the beginning of the next, the awakening of consciousness on this planet, or, literally, the end of time, not the end of being, the end of time. We can see the distortion in our lives already, last year seems like forever ago and yesterday at the same time, people are starting to question the 2000+ year log witchhunt on people who choses to have altered states of conciousness and the choice in environment. They put up borders, made witchcraft illegal, made psychedelics illegal, while keeping harmful (to the conciousness and the body.) things like alcohol and  cigarretes (which, although natural, has 1200 added chemicals, including arsenic, and the synthetic nuterients creates radiation in  the nicotine. The plant itself is good, esp when not smoked.) legal.

March 14, 2009, 12:11:31 PM
Reply #173

sally

• View Profile
 Nothing will happen in 2012, as the calendar is off. Now 2016 you will start to see heavy changes.
I Have Nothing More To Say.
 Call My Lawyer.

May 10, 2013, 08:50:43 PM
Reply #174

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
2013. Still here.  :HA!:
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

May 10, 2013, 11:07:52 PM
Reply #175

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
We'll all be here until we die. End of story.
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."

May 11, 2013, 04:21:22 PM
Reply #176

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

May 11, 2013, 05:17:41 PM
Reply #177

Mind_Bender

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Deus ex Machina
    • View Profile
"Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever."

"As relfections of the Source, we are little gods."

"...part of me doesn't want to believe that auto-eroticism while crushing on a doodle (sigil) could manifest a check in the mail box, but hey, it did."

"Everybody laughs the same language."