Author Topic: Stop complaining and learn  (Read 2930 times)

December 17, 2003, 07:37:51 AM
Read 2930 times

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Stop complaining and start learning. Complaining is despairing and despairing never solved anything. It makes for misery and unhappiness and an unhealthy attitude towards life. What is required when facing a problem then? Be it small or worldly - what must be done then? Is it a matter of thinking up a storm to solve the issue - no it isnt. What is required is a clear understanding and a clear understanding of what is is very simple. Seeing factually the thing we are dealing with - requires a single word. Most of this world is covered in darkness and suffering, it is a lack of proper understanding and clear insight into the issue that is causing this. Particularly in spirituality.

Do we run to others for help? Do we blame the surroundings for our problems? Do we expect god himself to calm the bowels of hell in our life? Unfortunately most of us ask others for help, expect everything else to do it for us - a gross lack of self sufficiency is. What must be done to solve our issues at work, within ourselves, with our friends - is very simple. Listen to what is happening, without trying to enforce a positive or a for and against essence within you - for these are not understanding but instead are resistence. They are what prevents a clear insight and instead of healing, cause us to struggle more and more for an ideal. Instead of a struggle a simple understanding of what is going on is required.

When we are aggressive about something, aggression will express itself in many forms - we do not have to analyse and question and so on to discover what aggression is, for it expounds itself to us as it happens. At the end of its expression, we can tell what it is - simply put - in one word - aggression. We get to feel it, think it, see it in our actions, in our speach - we can understand the consequences of such an action in our life - thus we earn WISDOM from it. It is a firm understanding of mine that all darkness is education sent by the light to strengthen us as people. Joy and suffering are one, suffering, once learnt from, turns into joy - for the lesson from that suffering prevents future suffering.

Many people complain about their problems - they tell people and expect someone else to listen to them - they have either tried to talk to themselves and confused themselves or they havent bothered to listen at all, expressing laziness by running to another for help. This includes god. We must realise within ourselves that our salvation does not lie in the hands of another, it lies in the heart of our own being, in our ability to perceive. To see factually, what is false and what is true. The basis for this ability lies in understanding ourselves. Forgetting what others have said, in some cases, to learn for ourselves and using COMMON SENSE to see factually and not going on some wild fantasy and thinking up all sorts of things.

Understanding is a very simple thing - like i mentioned earlier, one word expressions to understanding the thing we are dealing with. The more you try to enforce what you think, the more you try to change it, the more you will stuggle with it. Understanding things is not about trying to change the thing perse - it is about listening and seeing it factually for what it is, from this wisdom will come and change will be automatic - change will not truly happen so long as we struggle to implement the ideal. The ideal is a limit to our true development and our truthful understanding of the world. Factual seeing is the key to dissolve our inner blockages and is a step to healing the world in which we live.

Where we understand ourselves clearly within, totally within, we will be able to see clearly without, factually without and we will see the world for what it is - hence the purpose of listening and not trying to change it - but listen to it to see it for what it is. When you listen, you learn, when you enforce what you know, you resist learning. Thus - to learn about yourself, you must listen to yourself - which means paying attention to what is dwelling within. When you pay attention to what is dwelling within, you learn do you not? You grow as a person, you improve yourself effortlessly! Too many enforce what should be instead of seeing what actually is. They miss learning all together by not listening to what is. To say it is bad and that it is good is insufficient - WHAT IS IT???

It is imperative that you see yourself first before you tend to anything in this world. To see yourself clearly you will see the chaos of the world clearly. Darkness is light but light is not darkness. Good times come and go, but darkness is more often is it not? Therefore our learning process is more prevelant than enjoying things! Learning itself can be a joy, for those that enjoy growing as a person, listen to yourself and see what is. Listen without interruption, hear what is. You dont conclude when you learn, you learn a fact and then you move on - learning is constant, always happening - if the attention is there. So listen, give your attention and learn factually what is - apply this to yourself without the aid of anything around you - thus you will stand on your own 2 feet without the need of anyone else - you will be self sufficient and you will do away with despair and foolishness.

You will see into the heart of darkness and see a light - purely because you have the ability to intuit truth immediately. One word understanding, thus to pin point what you are dealing with. This is the beginning of a joyous life and one free of burden. To be accepting of things, to be complacent, to do nothing about what it is we are dealing with leads to great misery and burden within ourselves, without paying attention and learning from the thing, we will be misled and we will end up despairing and not learning anything. It is imperative and a very serious issue that we learn to see ourselves truthfully and the world in which we live truthfully for what it is, thus we will then see what can be done - BECAUSE WE HAVE UNDERSTOOD! The more we sit back and accept the worse this world and ourselves get. To do nothing is a great sin.

Criticising the thing we are dealing with also, does this lead to truth? Judging the thing for what it is, does this lead to truth? These are both put downs, they are negative perceptions of the thing we are dealing with - if there is a firm understand of the thing for what it is, then these are necessary to bring about a change. To lifes problems, approaching them negatively, armed with the knowledge of what they are, what they do is important - to be critical of certain things and approaches in this world is essential for bringing about order. For if we look at the world now, it is far from orderly isnt it? It is very important to not put up with what is going on - but to stand up and express your truthful understanding of what is. The more you sit back and and watch the more it will destroy itself. Education is a key element. Education begins with understanding yourself.

See yourself in a truthful light, factually, evidently, clearly, without obstruction and lie, to discover wisdom that can heal the world. Wisdom is what heals. Truth is what heals. If we where understanding human beings, if we had truth in our hearts - if we knew how to treat one another, if we had love in our hearts - we wouldnt need laws would we? Laws are there to frighten those with punishment should they choose to commit a crime against ones fellow man. If you loved your neighbour, would you hurt them? Steal from them? Lie to them? Deceive them? Extort things from them? Love is how you heal the world - wisdom is a source of love - compassion is a source of love - compassion starts with yourself - listening, seeing what is, factually understanding what is going on in your heart. Not the heart of another, but the heart of yourself - YOU. You are more important than the governments, the religions, the methods outlayed by philosophers - you must see yourself truthfully.

Seeing yourself truthfully IS wisdom. Another suffers, you can guide them through their burdens with wisdom you have learnt. You can help them see how to look into what is happening. You can show them a light that they must then show themselves - for in teaching, if the person being taught does not apply the lesson learnt - then the candles flame goes out. The flame is kept alive by listening and seeing what is. A new situation that we have never met, is listened to and learnt from then and there - to say i dont know is ignorance. Concerning ourselves, there is nothing we cannot know. Everything can be known about ourselves, all one has to do is listen and learn from ones activity within. Though very few lack the dedication to look - many feel its easier to just do what everyone else does, conforming, copying, imitating. They are blind and foolish.

The ignorant need our love, those that can see, need noones help. They stand on their own 2 feet. But those that do not see, who are willing to look and learn, must be taught how to learn. If you follow another, you are a blind fool - see for yourself and be wise. If you despair, condemn, conclude, accept, and never discover for yourself, you are a fool - it is far wiser to keep on learning and increase the berth of wisdom within. Understanding what is is like a game at first, but then it progresses into a serious thing. Like life and death. If you are serious about living, then you will take the time to see factually, with evidence of what is, not just form an opinion and think it so, but to factually see - that is very important. Those of you who are willing to listen and pay attention to this, best of luck, those of you who are not willing to listen, may you find the light.

Be well.

December 17, 2003, 07:55:39 AM
Reply #1

Darkduck

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    Veritas' Nazgūl
    • View Profile
    • OMG VERITAS CLICK HEARE!
*applauds*

Amazing. Well, the title and the first few sections were amazing ;) I'll read the whole article once I get the time :P
"Well, aside from sustaining massive internal injuries in a plane crash, and being chased by the army, the navy, and a troop of girl scouts, yeah, I'm, uh, just peachy."
~DD

December 17, 2003, 09:26:12 AM
Reply #2

Spartan117

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile

December 17, 2003, 09:36:42 AM
Reply #3

LadyKalee

• Posts By Osmosis

• Original Veritas Council

• Personal Text
    Original Veritas Council
    • View Profile
    • http://groups.msn.com/TheKarenExpress
"It is a question of discipline," the little prince said to me later on. "When you've finished your own toilet in the morning, then it is time to attend to the toilet of your planet, just so, with the greatest care. You must see to it that you pull up regularly all the baobabs, at the very first moment when they can be distinguished from the rosebushes which they resemble so closely in their earliest youth. It is very tedious work," the little prince added, "but very easy."

You do notice it says when your finished with your own, then you work on the world.

I agree with what I read Void.  I find investing in the positive leads to better personal power whereas negativity drains power and energy, simple as that!
Thank you, you did a wonderful job~

*And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
There is nothing in the universe with the power to hold the human mind in painful captivity except for the cage it builds for itself out of its own mistaken thinking.

"Natives who beat drums to drive off evil spirits are objects of scorn to smart Americans who blow horns to break up traffic jams."   -Mary Ellen Kelly

December 17, 2003, 10:41:43 AM
Reply #4

Revelation

• A Familiar Feature

• inanis

• Personal Text
    i'm probably the smartest person i know.
    • View Profile
I only got to go through the first half (ran out of time in study hall), but some excellent writing, Void.

-Rev
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

December 17, 2003, 07:33:35 PM
Reply #5

Damnation

• Settling In

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
An interesting read

December 31, 2003, 08:16:28 AM
Reply #6

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Great post, I'll read the rest of it when I get the time. The first few paragraps were spectacular though. *Applauds*
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

January 01, 2004, 03:57:58 PM
Reply #7

neijia

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
thank you very much for sharing that, i appreciate it.

i feel that we all need to be reminded about some of those things sometimes.  sometimes one thing, other times others.

i enjoyed reading that immensely, i'll have to save that.
"If you make yourself more than just a man...if you devote yourself to an ideal...you become something else, entirely."
-Batman Begins trailer

All Hail Huang.
http://www.geocities.com/huangskungfu/Intro.html

January 14, 2004, 08:07:00 PM
Reply #8

blindlytrue

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
that was a great post Void. im pretty tired so i didn't make too much sense of it but ill read it tomorrow to see what i can do with it.

once again great job.