Author Topic: Demon Worship  (Read 121188 times)

January 05, 2008, 05:57:55 AM
Read 121188 times

darkcandle

• View Profile
Without following any strict code of approach like the Goetia or other grimores, I have been experiencing contact with one demon from the Goetia with a fantastic degree of success.

= Approach:
1. Treating the demon with respect and honor
2. Chanting name of demon, visual focus on sigil
3. Incensing sigil with fragrance of plant listed with demon's planet
4. Daily thanks for past favors
5. Placing sigil under pillow at night
6. Offering wine, fresh plant listed with demon's planet, and water on a plain altar
7. Lighting candles, black or of the specific color of the demon's planet
8. Offerings of personal energy
9. Drawing the sigil and using it in artwork for others to see
10. Private sigil drawing in art for devotion

= Environmental observations:
1. A sweet smell, at times overpowering, comes and goes
2. Ripples through the air, like something moving through water
3. Pockets of what appears to be heat vapor as the type you see rising from hot objects like pavement, in midair moving and fading away
4. Candles rising and crackling noises during meditation
5. Crackling noises or popping in the air without candles lit
6. Sudden cold areas in the room, usually near my arms, face

= Communication Methods From Demon:
1. All through dreams, information given to me beyond my wildest expectations, dream images range from obvious to heavy symbolism
2. Odd coincidences in real life which usually point directly to the demon to some degree

I don't believe in "dabbling" in magick, this is not idle amusement, I've done my research, which is not to suggest a convoluted ego. I note and appreciate written cautions against befriending demons and not using protective measures [meaning I use no circle, I never banish, I do not call upon any godform or higher power before, during, or after communicating with the demon]. I am not a practicing Satanist nor do I belong to any Satanic group or order, that includes the recent web-popular "demonolatry" bunch. I'm not knocking such groups but I wish to make this point clear as some may ask if I call upon Satan as some texts describe, I do not. My devotion towards this particular demon from the Goetia has been on-going for several years. During the early contacts, I inquired to another demon from the Goetia about a matter and received an instant response that night in a dream, followed by another dream which was disturbing and made it appear that I had offended the demon I so honor by contacting another for advice instead of him. Since then, I have only maintained contact with the one demon I had so devoted my attention to and the rewards in dreams have been miraculous.

I evoked the demon a couple of times but have not since and never to a degree where I could hear or see it, I blame this on spending no more than an hour on them, an error on my behalf. Honestly, I felt I was pushing it by trying evocation at this point, feeling it best to continue with light contact for several additional months. My main communication is through the Approach outlined above. I plan on evoking to visible manifestation. A recent dream was a scroll with writing on it and a line thrust before me, which leads me to believe the demon wishes to make a long term pact with me. Should anyone wish to comment on my experiences, as briefly as I have stated them thus far and perhaps share any tips on evocation before I attempt?

Edited on Jan 19, 2008
Reason: Added information I had originally intended to include
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:16:06 PM by darkcandle »

January 05, 2008, 08:51:49 AM
Reply #1

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Tips on evocation before you start: ......Don't.

Many magicians have worked with demons and they have all formed the same opinion: No matter how nice, gentle or wise a demon may appear, it is still a Demon and eventually will act like one.  There is a reason why grimoires tell the magician to treat a Demon like a bastard slave with insults and curses.  From personal experience I can tell you that every demon shows its face eventually.  The very fact that you have worked with this being without the proper use of a ritual evocation shows that you lack the magickal experience to be evoking in the first place.  Why on Earth would you deal with a demon without the proper safe-guards established in ritual?  there is nothing a demon can do that an Angel or planetary spirit can't.  Chances are the creature has already started working on your mind, though you will of course be totally unaware of it until it is too late, assuming the being you have been experiencing is indeed the demon you were hoping to contact (which it probably isn't).  Demons are master decievers!  they are the best actors the universe knows.  I'm well aware that despite any warnings you receive you will still probably continue on with your plan, but know this: If you had fully developed clairvoyance, you would be able to see that creature's real form, and it would frighten you the likes of which no other thing in this physical world could do. 

Basically, use some common sense.  A demon is a DEMON.  There is a reason it is called that.  Only after a few years of experience in evoking other beings should the infernal realms be dealt with by the magician.  If you evoke this demon and the demon actually shows (unlikely unless you have a great deal of experience.  An elemental posing as the demon will probably show) then you would have found yourself in a hole that is very hard to get out of. 
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

January 05, 2008, 10:23:36 AM
Reply #2

Steve

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
"There is a reason why grimoires tell the magician to treat a Demon like a bastard slave with insults and curses."
And perhaps there is a reason that the demon is being nice to the guy who's treating it with respect :P

For all the other things though, I do agree that getting close to an evil entity is not the wisest of courses.

~Steve
Mastery does not occur when you've performed a feat once or twice. Instead, it comes after years of training, when you realize that you no longer notice when you're performing a feat which used to require so much effort. Even walking takes years of training for a human: why not everything else?

January 05, 2008, 12:18:14 PM
Reply #3

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
There is nothing a demon can do that an Angel or planetary spirit can't. 

Then what is the purpose of summoning a Demon?

January 05, 2008, 12:55:07 PM
Reply #4

Veos

• Teacher Emeritus
  • Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
    After having established his authority in the planetary and elemental realms, the magician may wish to do the same in the infernal realms.  If so, the demons are always evoked alongside of the angels who agitate them.  For every Demon there is an angel that binds it.  Other than this, idle curiosity is the only other reason I could think of for the magician to evoke a demon.  The only advantage is that a demon can bring about material wishes slightly more effective than other spirits, but not enough to use one instead of another spirit. 

And perhaps there is a reason that the demon is being nice to the guy who's treating it with respect :P

A demon is a Demon, whether you greet it with curses and bindings or with cookies and milk.  Most demons will typically appear very appealing and gentle to someone who does not have the clairvoyant vision to see their true forms.  If you treat them with respect, you are only opening doors and avenues for them to enter and attack because you are not fully closing your mind and spirit to them.  If you treat them with a attitude of disgust and loathing, then the mind remains wholly apart and shut to the demon, and the aura remains firm and impenetrable.  It is much harder for the creature to break down the walls of the fortress than it is for it to simply walk in through an open gate.   
Soham Sivoham Aham Brahma Asmi Mahavakya
Suddha satchitananda purna parabrahma
Chidananda Rupa Sivoham Sivoham

January 05, 2008, 01:09:12 PM
Reply #5

Raitaro

• Posts By Osmosis

• Personal Text
    The Knight of Wands
    • View Profile
Veos: Similarly, are there not Demons which agitate or are beyond various angels?
The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....

January 05, 2008, 02:12:57 PM
Reply #6

Zake

• Posts By Osmosis

• Veritas Staff

• Personal Text
    Veritas Staff
    • View Profile
The theory of attaining a friendly relationship with a demon through "treating it with respect an honor" isn't a particularly reliable one; a demon is a manner of being which would presumably care little about the respect of a small-time magician.  More likely, you've attracted a small-time spirit which is unimportant enough to care about such things.
Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

January 05, 2008, 02:17:29 PM
Reply #7

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
Veos: Does not the latter portion of the Abramelin Operation involve Demon Evocation? It was my understanding that this serves not only to establish the magician's authority on even the lowest of planes, but also this serves to aid in destroying the vices associated with such a demon.

January 05, 2008, 02:30:33 PM
Reply #8

Shadow_Dragon

• Veritas Moderator
  • Posts By Osmosis

• Discoverer of Imaginary Cult

• Personal Text
    Qing Jing Wei Tian Xia Zheng
    • View Profile
I actually want to study this evocation stuff soon. Not that I would really use it, but I'd like to know a little about it. I was taught once how to evoke, I guess the spirit of my ancestor's... but I really didn't know what I was doing and was just following the instructions of the person. Needless to say, I don't even know who it was I communicated with, if it was a 'memory' of my ancestor, or my actual ancestor him/her self.
Maybe I should stop practicing so much protection and move on to things like evocation and the like...
just a thought.
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. -Sun Tzu

When the Mind is clear and still, all things under Heaven fall into place. -Lao Tzu

Drink your cup alone, though it taste of blood and tears, and praise God for the gift of taste. -Almustafa

January 05, 2008, 04:07:10 PM
Reply #9

Saer

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
Veos: Does not the latter portion of the Abramelin Operation involve Demon Evocation? It was my understanding that this serves not only to establish the magician's authority on even the lowest of planes, but also this serves to aid in destroying the vices associated with such a demon.

This is when the magician has established his Divinity by invoking the Holy Guardian Angel. He is quite literally untouchable at this point and so these Demons are merely a symbolic representation of him having authority in every sphere of existence.
As you love your own body, so regard everyone as equal to your own body. When the Supreme Experience supervenes, everyone's service is revealed as one's own service. Call it a bird, an insect, an animal or a man, call it by any name you please, one serves one's own Self in every one of them. ~ Ma

January 05, 2008, 08:07:35 PM
Reply #10

Zohar

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Basically, use some common sense.  A demon is a DEMON.  There is a reason it is called that.  Only after a few years of experience in evoking other beings should the infernal realms be dealt with by the magician.  If you evoke this demon and the demon actually shows (unlikely unless you have a great deal of experience.  An elemental posing as the demon will probably show) then you would have found yourself in a hole that is very hard to get out of. 

You know, not all demon evocations go bad. I mean, after your first two evocations of infernal spirits, such as the demons in the GoŽtia, the fear subsides and you learn to be more controlling and assertive. Given the fact that my first succesful evocation scared the excrement out of me, I know that some evocations can go bad... but not all of them do is the point which I am trying to get across.
G-d created the world in the image of the world above; all which is found above has its analogy below... and everything constitues a unity.

January 05, 2008, 08:18:01 PM
Reply #11

IsApOs

• Veritas Furniture

• View Profile
I do not believe Veos is saying that the evocation itself will go bad, but that by invoking an evil entity, evil is bound to happen eventually. Yes infernal spirits can be subservient to a proper authority, but there is no doubt in my mind they absolutely despise such a person. They will be nice and they will offer gifts only so they can eventually sway the magician into some sort of situation in which HE becomes the servant. Would you rather open a box containing puppies or a box containing hornets? Indeed, the hornets may not scare you or even harm you, but they are far more likely to.

Namaste

January 05, 2008, 08:35:41 PM
Reply #12

Zohar

• A Familiar Feature

• View Profile
Yes infernal spirits can be subservient to a proper authority, but there is no doubt in my mind they absolutely despise such a person. They will be nice and they will offer gifts only so they can eventually sway the magician into some sort of situation in which HE becomes the servant. Would you rather open a box containing puppies or a box containing hornets? Indeed, the hornets may not scare you or even harm you, but they are far more likely to.

Good point.
G-d created the world in the image of the world above; all which is found above has its analogy below... and everything constitues a unity.

January 06, 2008, 08:36:23 AM
Reply #13

Trillis

• Posts By Osmosis

• Has a lot of posts

• View Profile
Veos: If you were to treat a Demon in the way you described, wouldn't it actually provoke the Demon even more because you are assigning negative thoughts and damning him out of hate or some such?

January 06, 2008, 09:50:43 AM
Reply #14

Hech

• Posts By Osmosis

• View Profile
My guess would be that it could not be anymore hateful anyway, and it would know that you are treating it as it deserves.