Home
Forums
Chat
Help
Search
Retro
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 04:51:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:

Advanced search
216492 Posts in 15417 Topics by 19930 Members - Latest Member: - ossobu Most online today: 117 - most online ever: 430 (June 28, 2007, 02:58:51 PM)
+  The Veritas Society
|-+  Discussion Areas
| |-+  Magick
| | |-+  Elemental Undines and Mermaids
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Elemental Undines and Mermaids  (Read 5048 times)
Enchantra
A Veritas Regular

Veritas' Witch

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:32:06 PM »

Hello,
   Ok, first there are the undines. I've searched the internet and some sites say they have legs and others say they are miniature mermaids. Which is true? Oh, and can they really grant wishes?
  Now, as for the mermaids, what differs them from undines. There is this myth that says mermaids beautiful singing voices that lured sailors to their death or something rather. Lately, I've been finding that most myths are actually true, so either A)mermaids exist physically B)there are sailors in the astral plane or C)this is just made up.
    Oh, and also, is it plausible for mermaids to have their own secret dwelling in our world? You know what, I think there can be mermaids here, if not magical then scientific in the deepest depths of the ocean where we can not go. I would go ask the mermaids themselves but i can not astral project.
P.S., has anyone seen about the part space that had no stars, just darkness on the news, wow
Wonderland
Veritas Furniture

ISIS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 06:39:19 PM »

Hi Enchantra.  Are you the same Enchantra from the chat?  If so, it's great to see you finally posting on the boards. 

I don't really have a comment as far as mermaids go (sorry), but I have seen the part of space where there is just darkness.  In fact, the "darkness"  appears to make up most of outer space. 

Yeeesh!  Apparently I forgot the signature changes on all posts....AND until you change it again...oh well enough then...sorry 'bout that
Zake
Veritas Staff
Veritas Moderator
Posts By Osmosis

Veritas Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:17:18 PM »

Mythologically, as far as I know, undines were supposed to be generally human-shaped.  Magically speaking, an "undine" is simply a elemental spirit of water, and therefore non-physical (by which one can infer, it's anatomy is largely arbitrary and subjective.)  As for mermaids, well... consider that historical sailors, out at sea for weeks or months on end on a ship crewed entirely by men, probably let their hopes cloud their observations.  The mermaid archetype is well-established enough that you could probably meet one on the astral if you really wanted, but that doesn't mean that they "exist" in a meaningful way, necessarily.

And yah, I recently saw the report of the gap in space; the "cold spot" as its being called (boring name.)  Large region of space without any stars; not too much to say for it.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.
Aunt Clair
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 04:46:06 AM »

In IIH , Franz Bardon writes about all manner of elementals , projections to meet them and some lessons and experiences in those dimensions . I have been to the magico -elemental realm with peers in circle . All realsm can be attained in at least 3 manners ; 1. by internal phasing into the microcosm of the heart aka Robert Monroe method . 2. By attaining the sepiroth or qlippoth on the energy body in the Tree of Life .3. By externalling projecting from the bdy into the realms .Elementals can also enter our dimension and be sensed clairiently . To see the undines ;
Find a safe place near water to work
open in protection
evoke the presence of the undine teachers ,ie queen and king ,or azriel the water wolf angel .or another guide to assist you
deep cleanse crown to toes
raise energy toes to crown
breathe up water energy heavy , dark wet, blue, maginetic & female
enter meditative trance
project out of the moonstone in a mental body
take consciousness under water
morph as sea creature
ask for help to come to the city of the undines
seek a blue castle like realm on the ocean floor
there are many
sometimes these are in underwater caves and tunnels
when you find them
morph to appear lke them
be respectful
ask specifc questions
and watch for a lesson
FB warms about flirting with them
& suggests avoiding it

1 theory on names :
King: Nichsa. Queen: Tritone. Elemental: Undines. Ruler: Tharsis ... Elemental beings: Mermaids, ocenaid, oreades, nereides, limoniades, sprites, nixen, ...
www.geocities.com/elemental_adept/astrologydictionary.html

.......~*~Love, Light & Laughter~*~
~*~Meditation & Mysticism is Magick!~*~
Enchantra
A Veritas Regular

Veritas' Witch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 06:19:44 AM »

thank you aunt claire! and yes i am wonderland
Raitaro
Posts By Osmosis

The Knight of Wands

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 06:44:24 AM »

King: Nichsa. Queen: Tritone
I'm quite sure it's the other way round.

The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....
queen of the south
Posts By Osmosis

WTF?????

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »

Saw a national geographic program where they talked about the mermaid phenomina:a type of fish that actually has breast-like glands and hair which has been mistaken for mermaid.

Changing your mind will change the world,World peace,Love,Happiness,Health,Abundance-these things are obtainable right here,right now.
solstice
Dreamwalker
Posts By Osmosis

"Receive and transmit..."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 04:17:50 PM »

Undines and mermaids are generically the same thing.  Both are anthropimorphic entities, that live in your by bodies of water.  A mermaid is probably a more common name for a water spirit, since pirates were not the most sophisticated folk.
Elementals spirits have the form that embodies their domain.  So, they can only have legs if they were capable of permitting their free movement in the water.

There is this myth that says mermaids beautiful singing voices that lured sailors to their death or something rather.
If you look in folklore, the domain of water is probably the most dangerous, as far as its denizens go.  They have a history of causing destruction.
From what I know about faeries, dont think it is their nature to destroy things, but the result of their presence is due to the difference between our field and theirs: one can not tolerate the other for long, without changing it.  In Celtic lore, Leannasidhe is a water spirit that seeks a mate by the water; she bestowed power gifts on her companions, but at the price of their life.

Saw a national geographic program where they talked about the mermaid phenomina:a type of fish that actually has breast-like glands and hair which has been mistaken for mermaid.
You mean, a manatee?

Tell all the Truth but tell it slant: Success in Circuit lies.  Too bright for our infirm Delight. The Truth's superb surprise. As Lightning to the Children eased, with explanation kind.  The Truth must dazzle gradually, or every man be blind.
Tefeari: The Giant Impact Hypothesis is a theory
Raitaro
Posts By Osmosis

The Knight of Wands

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 04:25:10 PM »

AM BEAUTIFUL

The IneptInitiate
http://xkcd.com/303/
http://xkcd.com/123/

I got a hot girl and the coolest band I know. I gotta bad habbit of smoking before the show.
I got music I got friends I trust and love. I get into a lot of fights and now my knuckles are all fucked up.....
queen of the south
Posts By Osmosis

WTF?????

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 02:09:58 AM »

queen of the south applauds-awesome pics-lol-almost kissable!

Changing your mind will change the world,World peace,Love,Happiness,Health,Abundance-these things are obtainable right here,right now.
Enchantra
A Veritas Regular

Veritas' Witch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 06:59:13 PM »

Queen of The South, what is the name of that fish?
Aunt Clair
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 10:44:58 PM »

King: Nichsa. Queen: Tritone
I'm quite sure it's the other way round.
I am not sure I  do not hear names well perhaps it was a typo  from the site . I am not sure of the source but many sites had it the same way . However I found this one with Queen Nyscha
members.tripod.com/~Gwion/Magick-dir/element.html

Water:

Emotions, receptive, feelings, instinctive, passive, negative spiritualy, possitive materially, respectable, modest, compassionant, devotion, docile, unconsciousness, comprehensive, meditation, calmness, adaptable, forgiving, tender, depression, sympathy, empathic, artistic, phychic, mystism, flowing, delicate, gentle, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces, Moon, Venus, Neptune, mercury, silver, copper, Fall, Evening, Mother, Queen, religious class, Melancholic, Nervous.

King: Nichsa

Queen: Tritone

Elemental: Undines

Ruler: Tharsis

God Name: SHADDAI (HVHY)

Quadrical: West

Archangel: Gabriel

Angel: Taliahad

Angelic order: Thrones, archangels

Quality: Contraction, magnetic

Color: White, blue

Complementary color: Red

Form: Half moon

Sense: Taste

Sign: Scorpio

Tattwas: Apas

Magical tool: Cup, crystal ball, mirrors

Focus: Emotions

Created: Metals

Stones: Pearl, crystals, and all stones associated with water, or of the color blue

Metal: Quicksilver, silver, yellow brass

Plant anatomy: Leaves

Animal: Fish

River of Hell: Styx

River of Eden: Hiddekel

Musical instrument: String instruments

Musical note: "g"

Archdaemon: Azael

Planet: Saturn, Mercury, Moon, Neptune

Signs: Scorpio, Cancer, Pisces

Body: Knees to waist, glands, sweat, and saliva

Chakra: Svadhistana

Finger: Thumb

Elemental beings: Mermaids, ocenaid, oreades, nereides, limoniades, sprites, nixen, potamides, undines

Herbs: Aloe, apple, lemon balm, belladonna, birch, poplar, poppy, blackberry, burdock, camphor, chamomile, elder, ragwort, rose, coltsfoot, comfrey, daisy, daffodil, datura, sandalwood, yarrow, elm, eucalyptus, foxglove, hemlock, hemp, hibiscus, jasmine, yew, spearmint, thyme, kava-kava, ladies slipper, lemon, myrrh, morning glory, passion flower

Virtues: Receptive, understanding, empathic, sympathy, vitality, growth, loving, kind, astrally aware, divining, intune with cycles, meditative

Vices: Over emotional, disintegrating, dissolving, secretive, indifferent, no foundations, ungrounded, forgetful, lustful, clouded

Tetragramic letter: First He'

Melancholic temperament: Respectful, modest, compassionate, devoted, serious, docile, fervour, cordiality, comprehensive, meditative, calm, quick, adaptable, forgiving, tender, indifferent, depressed, apathy, shyness, lazy.

Square of Water:

http://www.geocities.com/elemental_adept/astrologydictionary.html
also on another site ;
www.tarotpassages.com/suba4.htm
King of Cups: Nichsa. Fire of Water. Loyal, family, master of the emotions, ... Queen of Cups: Tritone. Water of Water.
Understanding, kind, generous ...

Aunt Clair
Posts By Osmosis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 05:37:45 PM »

It makes sense that the king would be Tritone because The Greco Roman God of the Sea , Poseidon/Neptune, carried a three point staff called the Triton.

http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contests/greek%20gods/fullsize/greek%20gods_4a3f64ea59575.jpg

Istiphul is also given as the name of the Queen of the Undines , Mermaids or Merfolk.
Mistele ;
http://users.lava.net/~pagios/istiphul.html
http://users.lava.net/~pagios/chapterfour.htm
http://shell.lava.net/~pagios/chapterninedoc.htm

If you feel unsure about the name , you can evoke without it i.e.

Open in protection in the sacred space in dim light with physical eyes closed.
Deep Cleanse down , raise energy up and attain trance then evoke as you will perhaps ;"I humbly evoke the Queen of the Undines, O Queen of the undines attend me now please. "

http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/index.php/topic,3095.msg9039.html#msg9039

The Loki
Settling In

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 03:18:17 AM »

Question though.. On the post of Aunt Claire
By signs it means that those who are within those said signs are more compatible with using water(element) in spellwork?

Magic has a limit, Stupidity has none think on it please. Smiley
Learning ain't just reading, you haft ta jump on a pool or'a river and swim cause trust me sonny if ya don't you'll end up more bloated then me aunt Martha.
Jesse9209
Veritas Furniture

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 06:37:00 AM »

Undines and Mermaids are both spirits of the water element on the astral plane. That is their essence is made of the water element. Some of them are very powerful as they are made of higher quantities and higher quality of the water element while some are weaker and made from smaller amounts of the element.

Also Raitaro if my memory serves me right Nichsha is the King I don't know about the Queen. Just remembering from Prophecys article on elemental magic.

Also not disagreeing that the water element can be dangerous but I believe I've heard that in Islam the djinn (demons or at least similar to them) are really the fire elemental spirits. (As Djinn is one of the names of the King of the fire element.) Just thought i'd point that out.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: