Author Topic: The Afterlife  (Read 5021 times)

December 15, 2003, 04:56:28 PM
Read 5021 times

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Do you believe in a life after death? Do you believe in reincarnation?

I was just wondering how people thought of death, and where their spirits would venture after their passing. I personally think you go to pergatory where you are judged on your life as a human. If you lived a good life, and you go to heaven, then I think you have a choice. A choice between returning to earth, to staying in heaven with your God.

But I think that if you go to Hell that you will have no choices. That you will spend eternity regretting your sins, and you will be punished until you change. Then when you change you will go back to pergatory and do the process over again.

I was wondering about your thoughts on the matter.

~Frozen
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

December 15, 2003, 05:34:23 PM
Reply #1

the pita

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
When i die i will neither go to heaven or hell in a religous sence. My spirit will go to its next destination. were that maybe i will not know till i die. There will not be anyone to judge me when i pass. Only those i have left behind. The only heaven for me is when i feel good, and the others around me.. and i pay for my past and present sins on a daily basis. there is noone to judge me anymore. those around me judge me, and i am either in heaven or hell at any given time or moment.  what is out there arfter i pass can only be improved upon from my past mistakes and success in this life. I have no god, i only have the life before me and what i make of it. And im sure my next one will be all the better.
All words typed above are my own thoughts and or opinions, no offence intended

December 15, 2003, 05:46:41 PM
Reply #2

zen

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i beleive the only thing that is close to heaven or hell is the astral planes.  some spirits go to the astral planes after they die for what ever reason some do it for only a short time until they cross over and be reincarnated some try to stay as long as they can. i am alittle curious of how many people on this site beleive in reincarnation and also of those that do beleive in reincarnation how many of you have seen into one or many of your past lives. im also curious how many people on this site have had a birth vision which is a vision of yourself before you were incarnated in this life so basically a pre-birth vision.
to learn is to change

December 15, 2003, 06:54:44 PM
Reply #3

Alex

• A Familiar Feature

• Veritas Furniture

• Personal Text
    Veritas Furniture
    • View Profile
Yep, I believe in the afterlife.  My beliefs include: reincarnation, heaven, and the abyss(hell).

My thoughts are, when you die, you are reborn to another life that was chosen by the masters of Karma.  But if you commit acts against humanity like war crimes etc.(think Hitler), you go to the Abyss for eons to burn of all of your negativity.  And to get to heaven, you will have to walk the spiritual path and gain enlightenment.

December 16, 2003, 01:41:27 AM
Reply #4

Void

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• View Profile
Belief in something is a hindrance to actually knowing it. We can sit there and think yes it exists, but without actual evidence, we will never truly know. Thus if it never existed, we have lived in a lie. Thus what is important to remember is that belief prevents us from exploring for ourselves the what is of the thing we are dealing with, not what we think it is but what it actually is. The facts. Factual seeing and the removal of all false incentives for recognition. Only taking what is factually present and avoiding all fill ins and opinions on the matter.

If you dont know, dont talk. Dont assume, dont guess. Simple as that really. How is it you can talk about something you have never experienced? How can you know something without seeing it with your own 2 eyes? Only by immersing yourself in yourself will you find what is real. Because another has said it does not mean it is true. You have to see for yourself, finding out for yourself. Not according to the method of another, but according to the unique ability of yourself to discover. If you rest upon anything else, you become dependant and not independant.

To rely on anything other than yourself is weakness. You are weak when you rest upon anything other than yourself. Some things cannot be known in this life, to say this, is to realise that ive seen this - it is not something for you to follow. Thus why speak at all really? The key point:

Find out factually what is a stop living this lie you are living.

Be well.

December 16, 2003, 05:56:00 AM
Reply #5

BlacK

• Veritas Furniture

• BlacK SnaX

• Personal Text
    No Fixed Abode
    • View Profile
I would say:

The only thing any of us can know, is that we know nothing.
Ominous Latin phrase

December 16, 2003, 08:20:08 AM
Reply #6

Sparky

• A Familiar Feature

• Hundred-plus Club

• View Profile
Actually we know what we need to know, this site allows us to think about what we dont know, genrally we would not think of such things in everyday life.
\"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.\" - Benjamin Franklin \"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.\" - Tom Clancy

December 16, 2003, 10:45:25 AM
Reply #7

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
agreed

anyway, back on topic.

i believe that when i die i get a some choices. right atfer death and my spirit leaves my body i can choose to go directly to the astral, or stay around and chill out as a ghost till i get bored(and then go to the astral).
once in the astarl i chill out till i get bored with wandering about the astral so i go to my 'heaven'(which is basicly a place where i meet dead relatives, from this life or past lives, etc..). once i get bored with 'heaven' i can go and and get reincarnated.
anyway that's just my beliefs, and i won't be able to prove them til i die, and i don't plan on dying anytime soon. i still got so much to learn and so much to experiance.

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 16, 2003, 10:45:46 AM
Reply #8

CanadianBuddhist

• Settling In

• Greenhorn

• Personal Text
    Greenhorn
    • View Profile
when we die, there are spirits waiting in the astral to take us to the akashik records so we can judge our own lives. We planned what we were going to learn before we came here and when we die we can see if we accomplished it. We reincarnate to learn. When we are done learning, we go to a plane above reincarnation known as the land of the golden light. But there is more progress even there. i know this from astral projection, which anyone can do. There is no hell, the word that was translated as hell in the bible, is actually translated as grave. Hell was actually a place on earth that people were sent to for torture.

December 16, 2003, 05:36:17 PM
Reply #9

Frozen

• Posts By Osmosis

• Posting chief

• Personal Text
    Posting chief
    • View Profile
Wow, you guys sure had a hayday with this thread! Thanks for all the answers but you still all contradict each other lol. It has no conclusion to our question does it? Well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see won't we?
* chirss was kicked by kobok (Denny Crane)

I CARVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY INTO MY LEFT ARM!
~ V

<ShoresofPluto> how often do u ignite fires with ur mind?
<kobok> On occasion.

[20:06] <kobok> XIII:  You wear your girlfriend's pants??
[20:06] <XIII> kobok: On occasion.

December 17, 2003, 12:56:23 AM
Reply #10

Smiffy

• Posts By Osmosis

• He's Smiffarific

• Personal Text
    Riding in with a Cow, a Sofa and a Keg of Bleaer..
    • View Profile
Quote from: Frozen
Thanks for all the answers but you still all contradict each other lol

Of course we contradict eachother, we're human :p

Quote from: Frozen
Well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

yes, we will have to wait and see. till then, free cows for all
:cow: :cow: :cow:

<Tsumaru> STFU RAITARO, I SHALL DESTROY THEE
* Raitaro pats tsu
<Raitaro> So cute <3

December 17, 2003, 01:05:09 PM
Reply #11

Psi_Dude

• A Veritas Regular

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
i think i will remain here as a ghost or something because if i leave this place without doing all things that i want to do here in this life, i would get really depressed....so i would probably stay here for a while after i die (got a long loong 2do list u know). then i would probably make sure that all those things were completed then i would go...somewhere else...
When you sacrifice the Path of All Others, make sure that you walk on The Path of You and not simply The path of Nothing